IGNORED

NC/SC plate question

Guest REGULATOR

Guest REGULATOR

Hello,

In the state of GA I can buy a vehicle and drive for 30 days with no plate and only supporting documents..

Does anyone know if NC or SC have similar laws?

I'll be buying a bike in NC and riding it to GA and need to know if the same applies so I know if I have to get a temp tag or can just ride all the way hoem to GA na dget real plates

NC requires a temp tag on vehicles registered in NC. I would go to your local DMV and talk to them. Maybe they can give you something to get it home on, since you will be registering it in GA. I would imagine that the bill of sale would suffice as long as you had something from GA, and proof of insurance.

Guest REGULATOR

nope: buying it from private party:

then riding straight from NC to GA...

GA says no to temp tag...

shoot I say hop on the bike with the reciept/proof of insurance and head to ga no plate ...

worst can happen is get pulled over.. and who insures a stolen bike?

Guest REGULATOR

well I think I'll be ok, just head south and take my chances

I have to wait a day or two for the csahiers check to come in and find a day off of work and a break in the weather that all parties can agree on..

gonna fly up and ride back

The law applies to the state that you are a resident of. You may get stopped in NC, but you probably have a Georgia drivers license to prove residence in Georgia. Get a bill of sale with the same address as on your drivers license. Also be sure to have the signed title showing the date of purchase also. That should cover you for NC. Can't say for SC. If you want to remove any doubt, you can get a 7 day NC temp tag for $3.50 (unless they have gone up). Good Luck.

The law applies to the state that you are a resident of. You may get stopped in NC, but you probably have a Georgia drivers license to prove residence in Georgia. Get a bill of sale with the same address as on your drivers license. Also be sure to have the signed title showing the date of purchase also. That should cover you for NC. Can't say for SC. If you want to remove any doubt, you can get a 7 day NC temp tag for $3.50 (unless they have gone up). Good Luck.

Why the name change Tim?

Regulator, you can pretty much take what SledgeHammer says to the bank considering his background.

I know Buzzard, we are best friends, I work with him so it shouldn't be hard to get a day and time set up for the transaction to take place. You are getting an immaculate bike. It has just about every chrome option you could put on an RSV and then some.

Guest REGULATOR

yes I saw the "list" of options... I'll be up as soon as he finishes the trailer wiring and such and I get teh check from bank to come up, they are fedex the money to me.

not normally a chrome guy.... but if its already there.. plus some other goodies..

here is one of my other bikes...

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii267/REGULATOR_album/blackpipes002.jpg