IGNORED

The son and I are going to have to talk.....

bj66

As some of you may know, I have moved on from my RSTD to a HD Road Glide. My oldest son has been riding the RSTD off and on since 2011. I pretty much told him I would make him a deal. Since he graduated from college with an economics degree with a double minor in 4 years, I would pretty much give him the Yamaha for a graduation gift. Anyway he has had a job for a year and a half now, and I bet he hasn't put 50 miles on it. I think last time he put much time on it was Sturgis 2013. I just got it out of my garage, added a little seafoam, and took it a few miles down the road and back. She's purring like a kitten again. So I think it's time to have a talk about sending it down the road. I'd think an 08 with 11750 miles should sell. You guys just might see it hit the classifieds. Honestly I think he is a little intimidated by it. I think it is bigger and heavier than he likes.

You may be right on the money about he being intimidated....sure are big bikes especially if he's not a big guy.Sounds like a real smart boy you got there...If you were going to give the RSTD as a graduation gift anyway, maybe sell the RSTD and the two of you go buy the bike he really wants... just a thought

You may be right on the money about he being intimidated....sure are big bikes especially if he's not a big guy.Sounds like a real smart boy you got there...If you were going to give the RSTD as a graduation gift anyway, maybe sell the RSTD and the two of you go buy the bike he really wants... just a thought

Intimidation might cartainly be a factor, but the second half of Habfans comment could be right on the money. Maybe the RSTD isn't really the bike he likes, but he doesn't want to tell you. Most RSTD riders I've known and seen are older, cruiser type people. Your son is youngin. His taste might be a tad younger looking than a big ole 800lb cruiser with chrome all over it.

Just a thought.

Just a thought, I believe in family first, an offer was made as a gift, for good hard work, and also as being a father never ends, a talk on his thoughts about the issue is much importance, not only are you telling in a way he is very important to you, your also showing respect on how you see him as A man, I give much props, find his thoughts,

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

WOW BJ - CONGRATS TO YOUR SON ON HIS ACADEMIC ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND HIS FOCUS IN LIFE!! :group cheers::wow::group cheers::ice_congrats-vi6886

Sounds to me like he is one busy champion of Son BJ - :ice_congrats-vi6886 to you too my friend!! :ice_awesome-vi46644

That said, I wonder if just asking him about the scoot, reminding him how hard it is on bikes to just sit and offering your services to help him sell it if he so chooses would work.. I know one thing my friend, aint none of this stuff worth getting in the way of good relationships with our kids.. Either way, if it ends up in the classifieds - BEST WISHES IN THE SALE!!!:thumbsup:

He rides it a little, but not near enough. It sits in heated garage, next to my HD, and my other sons V-Star. I go and start them periodically throughout the winter. I dont put battery tenders on them either. It's just sad that the bike sits there. Somebody should be enjoying it. I even said to him one day, "you know, those V-Rods don't bring that much money!"........ But older boy still has his first nickle. Not sure if he doesn't like riding as much, or would rather just save his money! I think he likes mine because the money was right. :)