IGNORED

Got the bike out today!

bj66

I couldn't take it anymore.......after day 2 of therapy on my left ankle, it was feeling pretty good. I got on my bike in the garage and could hold bike up without any major pain so I figured what the heck, time to take it out. I kept my brace on and laced my hikers up over the top of it and went for a quick crop tour of about 60 miles. I got along pretty dang good. Therapist told me to keep exercising it and I figure that this counts. So game on from here on out! I'm just not going to tell them I stated riding quite yet!

took you two days to get back on.:crackup:

I hurt my ankle on the 8th of June, and wore a walking boot for 2 weeks. Then I got put into an ASO brace (think basketball/volleyball players with bad ankles) for the remainder. I think it's been 2 weeks now. The first week in the ASO I waited for therapy office to call and they didn't. So I'm a week behind. Now am doing therapy twice a week.

The main reason I rode today was I only had one chance to ride during springs work. I only had about 80 miles of riding in before the injury. I hate it when earning a living gets in the way of riding. So today calmed my nerves a bit. It felt really good.........So technically I did ride after 2 days. :)

II just make sure I'm careful at stop lights and avoid stopping on a slope where my left side is down hill so the weight doesn't get me. I don't want to have an Artie Johnson on his tricycle type event. My bike sits plenty low so its easy to flat foot and that helps a lot. Actually the worst thing so far is stepping over/ through to get on/ off the bike. Between the backrest and the saddleman luggage on the back, its hard to swing a leg over. I have to step through to get on. It works better coming from right side too. Bike is leaning away from me, but I can step through with my bad foot. If I come from left side, I have to put all my weight on bad foot. When I step through it almost feels like I lunge forward, and lets just say I can feel that.....its all about figuring out a system I guess.