IGNORED

What we did Memorial Day Weekend

b2dad

My family had a reunion this past weekend. Had a great time and a huge turnout! We were packing up yesterday to come home and my brother discovered the person who was going to pull his boat out of the water had left. Don offered to pull him out (he has 4 wheel drive). Hooked up the boat trailer and I backed it down in the water. We were drawing quite a crowd who had gathered to watch and laugh and comment that it was not going to happen! Got the boat on the trailer and I proceeded to pull up the very steep ramp with Don encouraging me and saying "DON'T STOP"!!! (and by the way, I was driving because he was wading in the water to help center the boat on the trailer and get it hooked up). Well, we made it!!!! This is what we looked like after all was said and done. The jeep is a mighty fine vehicle!

jeep and pauls boat.jpg

I once had an 18' Inboard, Outboard boat and pulled it with my one ton Ford pickup. My son had a Jeep (like the army type) and he wanted to see how it performed while pulling a boat. It did fine on the road and launched the boat OK. Now, he figured that with a 4 wheel drive, it would be a cinch to get the boat out of the water and back up the ramp, even though it was a light weight vehicle. But, instead of all 4 wheels pulling, just 2 opposite wheels would just spin on the wet ramp. Some of us had to help push it up the ramp. Didn't take him too long to sell that Jeep.

This is NOT photo shopped. This is OUR 2006 Jeep Liberty, 4 wheel drive. anyone that knows us, knows this jeep. This is my brother's boat. I don't know the length but from the looks of the picture, I can understand now why everyone at the ramp was watching and saying "no way". But it really did pull this boat out of the water. We did not tow it home (or back to his home marina), we only pulled it out of the water, up the boat ramp. Or maybe it's just that I am an awesome driver??? (you know I am!!) Well, I figured you wouldn't believe me anyway...but it's true. This really did happen.

Patti