IGNORED

Oil change for a 2nd Gen

chag67

Can someone post a link to a video or a step by step set of pictures for changing the oil on a 2nd Gen Venture?

I work better if I can see the step by steps or someone shows me in a video or in person.

I've also done a search on YouTube and can't seem to find anything for a Venture.

Thanks.

.....Oil change is really simple. Run the engine for 10 min or so. Remove the oil filler cap (Behind your right side foot board), remove the bolt from under the oil pan and drain the oil, and, while your at it, change the oil filter (in front of the engine under the radiator). I use Yamalube oil (20W-50) and Yamalube filter. Hand tighten the new oil filter, fill with the proper amount of oil and replace the oil filler cap. Run the engine for 10 min or so then, with the bike upright, check the sight glass on the lower right side. It should be 1/2 full or better.

.....Some members use different oil and filters that all seem to work O.K. The beauty of this site is all the help available....Did I miss anything guys (And girls!)?

You will need a 2x4 or suitable substitute to "level" out the bike on the side stand to check correct level of oil. Put the board under the kickstand, drain oil. Change filter. Last change I used a mobil1 M110. Purolator was popular but changed the design and now they will not work. There is a thread around about the problems with some of the filters we like to use other than the Yamaha one. Shell rotella T6 for a synthetic oil is popular if you want syn oil or the rotella t5 I think is the dino oil. Any oil that has a JSAMO rating is OK for wet clutch. The T^ is like $20 a gallon at Wally World. On the right side of the engine (forward and lower) there is a site glass. Do not fill more than half way when your all done withe service. It blow excess oil in to the air box and then it will make its way all over the top of the engine eventually. I think about 3.2 qt with a filter is what is recommended.