IGNORED

Wow, what a shine...

YamahaLarry

Sometimes I enjoy cleaning the old '99 RSV, and sometimes it becomes a chore. Soap, rinse, dry and then use wax or detailing compound for that good shine.

I have a bike ride coming up this Saturday for a fallen police officer and then head to Gatlinburg for a week on Sunday, so I needed to get the bike all clean and shiny before time arrives.

While cleaning my garage this past weekend, I came across a can of Quick Shine 99. Have not seen this product discussed here, and decided to post it. If should be in another forum, please feel free to move the post.

Have no idea how I acquired it, maybe a gift or door prize, but didn't really know much about it. Read the can and thought I would give it a try on my trunk. I have been using Meguairs for several years, but this stuff really did impress me compared to my normal shine products.

It is a 1 step, clean, wax and shine product. I have always been leery of these type of products, and still say that if your bike or car has a lot of grit, it should be rinsed off with water first, else the grit will put those small scratches in your paint job.

Once I got started with this stuff, I did the entire bike, every little crack I could reach into and the bike looks like it came off the showroom floor. Paint is shiny and slick and all the chrome is looking great. Even reluctantly applied it to my windshield and it is clearer now than anything else I have used (never tried Pledge like I have read some use). This morning on my ride down the interstate to work, a few light rain drops hit the windshield and the majority of them slid right off.

If you haven't ever tried this product, you should give it a try.

(still gotta polish up the new whitewalls. didn't do them since bike was on the ground)

Quick Shine 99

BTW, if you do try it, for the most part, you should spray it on you rag, especially around the engine. Else, you will end up with a lot of little white dots that are difficult to reach.

That stuff must have been what they used at the dealership where I bought my '91. Little white dots everywhere the 'kid' didn't wipe it down.

Fairing, Left, lower main (Large).jpg

Don't think I want to spend $55.00 to try it. Have not found a store that carries it yet, will keep looking.

Yeah, not sure how I got it. Could have been included in a door prize at a bike ride or maybe a gift from someone. Bottom rim of can had a little bit of rust, so I guess it had been in my garage for several years.

Anybody know a place that carries this?? Sounds like it would be worth a try but you have to buy 3 cans in ad shown.

I found it from Bandit Superstores. Wow. Not cheap.

http://banditsuperstore.com/shop/quick-detailers/quicshine-99/