IGNORED

Is there an easy, one-man way to re-install the front wheel?

OK.......got my fairing all back together and I'm ready to re-install the front wheel with the new tire on it.

Can I get any guidance on how to single handedly re-install the front wheel.

Between the wheel, the two disks, the four pads, lowering the bike, rolling the wheel back.........(did I miss anything??).....you need about 4 hands and six eyes and three feet to make it happen.

Is there an easy way........like putting the wheel on the axle first.....then installing the calipers and pads AFTER??

Thanks, guys!!

It's an easy one man job for sure.. It's not much of a juggling act even with the calipers still installed but you have to line everything up.. easier with the calipers off and re-installing them afterwards. However, I just sit on my little rolling stool and balance the wheel on my feet to line up and lift the wheel into place to install the axle etc.

It's an easy one man job for sure.. It's not much of a juggling act even with the calipers still installed but you have to line everything up.. easier with the calipers off and re-installing them afterwards. However, I just sit on my little rolling stool and balance the wheel on my feet to line up and lift the wheel into place to install the axle etc.
:sign yeah that:

With the calipers off it is not necessary to fiddle around separating the brake pads to get the rotor(s) in. My preference is to put the axle in just finger tight then mount the calipers to snug. Then torque the axle first followed by the calipers. Finally torque the axle pinch bolt.

Yeah, what Seaking said. I sit on my rolling stool, put both feet under the wheel (sort of) lift it with my feet and slide the axle through. I do this with the calipers off. Then I am not trying to line up too many things.

P.S. There is something about the words "rolling stool" that sort of give me the creeps. After all, my wife sees my laundry!!

P.S. There is something about the words "rolling stool" that sort of give me the creeps. After all, my wife sees my laundry!!
Should be OK as long as she doesn't have to do it, the laundry that is. :missingtooth:

Yeah, what Seaking said. I sit on my rolling stool, put both feet under the wheel (sort of) lift it with my feet and slide the axle through. I do this with the calipers off. Then I am not trying to line up too many things.

Too many rolling stools here.........time to open the colonoscopy clinic!!

Not a pretty picture.......but, thanks, both of you, for the tip about the feet under the wheel. (I'll try putting my shoes on upside down......for better traction!!)