IGNORED

RSV motor on RS

It hasn't been done here, but a couple guys on the Delphi Royal Star board have done it. The biggest issues are what to do for an air filter, carb jetting, and getting the TPS hooked up.

Is his engine blown, or is he just looking for more power? If more power is the goal, it would be easier and cheaper to just swap cams and carbs rather than the whole engine. With just the cam and carb swap, I'm getting a dyno proven 90 rear wheel hp out of my '96, which is in the neighborhood of about 15 more than the Ventures are doing, depending on whose dyno you want to believe.

Guest tx2sturgis
My brother is thinking about putting a 2004 RSV motor on his 98 Royal Star.I was wondering if anybody on this site had done this.Also if anybody knew of problems we would run into.

Cool...I wonder where hes gonna put it? I guess if you mounted it on the rack, you could run a driveshaft to the main transmission....

Or maybe hang it over the front wheel, attached to the fork, and power the front hoop with it, using a chain drive.

An 8 cylinder Royal Star will probably kick ass, but it sure will suck the gas!

:whistling: