IGNORED

A friend in need of prayers...

Godlover

Last January I read a post on the Road Star Forum from a member who was talking with his wife on the phone when a car crossed over and hit her head on. His name is Chris and his wife's name is Karla. Karla was in Iowa City Hospital for a couple of months in a coma. Then she was transferred to Lincoln, Ne. for recovery. Chris has been at her side as much as possible and has been her rock. We talk weekly and sometimes for hours. They have little family and no income due to their situation. Karla is scheduled to be released in a few weeks and the rental house they have will not work for her needs. The insurance company of the guy at fault is offering a small settlement but Medicade will take the majority of that settlement to recoup expenses. If Karla is placed in a Care Center it will probably undo all the progress she has made to this point. Plus, as a pastor I know the limited care she will get. Kris stays with her and if he leaves for a day or two - he has to convince her once again that he is her husband. He has talked to lawyers and since the guy at fault has no assets - they won't go after more. He and I talked for almost 2 hous last night and this guy does not know where to turn.

I have been able to help them financially through my church and by asking the Road Star Forum to help. We actually had a auction of Road Star parts that people were willing to donate. Anyway - I ask for prayers and also for a miracle to provide them a place to stay. Tomorrow I will drive down and look at a $40,000 house that might be able to meet their needs. We pray that the insurance settlement might come through in the next day or so and it is enough to purchase this house - or that through some miracle a place will be provided. I know God does the impossible and right now this seems impossible.

I will be picking up some of their personal items to sell. He sold his Road Star and thankfully he owns their van outright. The only income since January has been the gifts we have raised and the selling of their personal property. I stay on this forum because of the friends I have met here over the years and that I do purchase a Venture from time to time! Thanks for reading this and please pray for them.

Godlover, my heart and very soul reaches out to Chris and Karla - please let them know that my thoughts and prayers are with them - INDEED - PRAYERS UP, BLESSINGS DOWN!! I have been involved with insurance claims of my own on a couple different occasions - house fire and car/deer accident and can honestly say that I can totally relate to what they are going - IMHO, that industry is heartless (unless its premium time - then they are your bestest friends EVER).. Someday there will be an account of corporate greed and inhumanity. I am sure that not all Insurance Companies are as irresponsible and unjust as the two I had issues with (I actually kicked a claims adjuster covering our house fire permanently off my property because of his arrogance and unwillingness to fulfill the policy - mans gotta do what a mans gotta do) and there are good ones out there. It also may not be a bad idea to make an attempt within the insurance company that these folks are dealing with to see if a person higher up the corporate ladder might have a different prospective of their (Insurance Company's) responsibility - one person with a conscience can make a HUGE difference.. I tried the court system also and found that system to be just as sad, not looking for truth and justice - looking for dollars.. Highest paid Lawyers win and the big companies have the best Lawyers,, again - IMHO. Ended up costing me an extra 24k because I missed the fine line in signing with the attorney's contingency program that said "excluding service fee's and office supplies - then I had to start paying for my own recovery after paying the attorney back.. Just thought you might like to know..

I commend you Godlover for all you are doing to help this couple thru your Church and also by telling their story on sites like VR. I know there are fund raising venues out there now adays (GO FUND ME) that may be useful for them at this time and might be worth checking into. I heard a story not to long ago about a couple with a child going thru some very hard times medically and the insurance company's were turning their backs on them too.. Seems like their needs had been x3 met all thru a "Go Fund Me" type of site.. Worth a try and, thru supportive prayer - it may help!!

Sorry so long - thanks for posting this Godlover!

Your friend

Puc

Here is an upadate: I spent yesterday wtih Chris - a two hour drive. Chris wanted me to look at this older home - $38000 hometo see if it could be fixed up for Karla. She will be released on June 5th and he really wanted a place so she wouldn't have to go to a Care Center. The problem was - notice was - he had no money - Only the hope that he might get a small settlement from the insurance company Anyway - we looked - and the house needs a lot of work but is doable so he made a really, really low offer. They countered - he countered - but had still had no financing or income. Just as I droeve into my driveway I get a call from Chris saying that the settlement came through with a bit more then enough to buy the house at the asking price = with some left to remodel. Praise God!! They still need our prayres and support!