IGNORED

Angered to Curse!

Just thought I'd vent for a moment,

So, have been working on my still not running '84 VR...I currently have most of the fairing opened up, and as I was rooting around in there I noticed a quite sizable mouse nest (actually saw it in the Fall, but put off cleaning it out till now). Well, as I was cleaning things out I noticed this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=98948&stc=1

Looks like the little bugger spent some of his vacation chewing on my wires! This is directly behind the headlight...Does any body know what this blue relay(?) is? I seem to remember the guy I bought the bike from saying his grandad (Grandad was the actual P.O., but had passed away some time ago) was having some electrical issues and that's why the bike was put into storage.

Well, here's the tricky part. Before I began tearing the bike down (ultimately to get to the TCI, valves, and carbs) I had checked the electricals....ie., the headlight, taillight, brakes, CLASS, ect. And everything was working fine...except the bike wouldn't fire (would turn over fine, but wouldn't fire. Wasn't getting spark). Again, does anyone know what this is? What it controls? Could it cause a No Spark issue?

FYI - there looks to be a couple of other wires (partially chewed), that will also require some attention. So they could be the culprit as well.

Cheers

Pat :rant:

IMG_0245.jpg

Edited by Patmac6075
misspelling

That's it! Thanks!

Could a couple of wires being disconnected from this cause a No Spark issue? I thought if the side stand circuit was broken, the engine would not spin at all?

If the red/white wire on the relay was severed, the engine would still crank but there would be no spark. ...(I think! :think:)

yep Kevin is correct blue plug side stand, yellow plug fuel pump relay, red plug power up, fan relay 5a8-00 Omron 15x3d9, the 12r Omron 0543d9 I have no idea where it goes. buy the way you may want to check the coil to plug wire. Them there varmints like to eat them also. trust me.