IGNORED

J&M JMDM-IPBT- JCB03 with the B model adapter

For Christmas of last year My wife agreed that I needed to be able to receive phone calls on my bike.(that surprised me seen how she does not like me having a motorcycle.) So I ordered the J&M JMDM-IPBT- JCB03 with the B model adapter. My son and I installed it this week and I tell you it is worth every bit of the $350.00 299.99 for the unit and 49.99 for the adapter for the B model CB.

Installation was pretty much plug and play. the only problem I found is the because I have the Garmin Zumo 550 and not a newer GPS and Garmin does not support the 550 anymore I can't make phone calls while riding but I can receive all the calls I want which is fine with me because I don't need any other distractions. I had to turn off the Bluetooth in the GPS and pair my phone the Samsung S-5 to the Bluetooth adapter and set up my phone to automatically answer all calls. I tried it in my garage then on the road. comes in loud and clear on both ends. I can play music from my phone or listen to XM radio through my radio. when I receive a call it cuts out the music and resumes when the call ends

I figure if I need to make a phone call I can pull off the road and make the call. and the wife can call to check up on me or ask/tell me to bring some food home for supper. I would give this 5 stars across the board.

What GPS do you have? If you have the Zumo 550 you can't make phone calls because Garmin does not support that GPS and the Blue Tooth needs to be updated, You have to turn off the blue tooth in the GPS .I have the same issues. I'm not going to buy another M/C GPS just to be able to make calls.

I have a Garmin 765T and use the Buddy Rich cable which is wired into my audio on the bike. I have no problems receiving or making a call while riding. My only problem is every time I stop and turn the bike off my phone needs to be repaired up to the Garmin. And of course most time I forget like after stopping for gas so a few miles down the road when I remember I have to stop and pull over to pair the phone back up. I'm thinking it is because when I turn the bike off the power goes off to the Garmin and my phone looses the Bluetooth connection.

Most likely thats it. When I turn the key off my Garmin has a message come up about will turn off in XX seconds. You can select to stay on but it automaticly goes off. My problem is not that. I can live with that. My problem is the cable I'm guessing will not allow my voice to go out over the intercom. I can hear the other person fine, but they tell me its just all static sounding when I try to talk. So my guess is I got a defective cord. If I just wanted to listen to the phone via the BT n the GPS I can just leave the 3.5mm cable plugged in, I didnt have to buy a $60+ cable to do that. I have tried to turn IC volume up, phone volume GPS volume and same results. I guess I got had on this purchase.