IGNORED

Met some ROYALTY yesterday..

Eck

While here in Chicago at a miniatures trade show with my wife, I was standing in an isle and all of a sudden there is Princess Ameerah Al Taweel and Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. As I stepped off to the side of the isle, so that they could pass by me, they both looked at me, nodded, and said Hello, thank you. I said hello and you are most welcome back to them.

Later on last night my wife and I went to a miniature auction, and again both royalty were there with a two body guards, two others, and someone using a video camera. Every time the Sheikh raised his paddle to bid on something, the camera was rolling.

One miniature that was smaller than a dime he won the ending bid for $2,000.00 As the auction went on, it didn't take long to realize that if he raised his paddle on an item, you surely would not be able to outbid him. One lady kept bidding on an item against him. They both just held their paddles in the air and the auctioneer just looked back and forth at them as she kept raising the bid. Everyone was grinning including the Sheikh. All of a sudden, someone from the table that he was sitting at got up and walked over to the sheikh and whispered something to him and he immediately dropped his paddle. The auctioneer asked if he was still in. He said she can have it. Everyone laughed. Come to find out the lady bidding against the sheikh made that piece and she was trying to raise the price on her own stuff, so the sheikh would pay much more.. She ended up getting stuck having to pay for the item that she made...He stuck it to her good..ha