IGNORED

Reagan's jokes after being shot

eagleeye

To surgeons, as he entered the operating room: "Please tell me you're Republicans."> In a written note, upon coming out of anesthesia in the recovery room (paraphrasing Comedian W.C. Fields): "All in all, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

> In another note, recalling a Winston Churchill observation: "There's no more exhilarating feeling than being shot at without result."

> In a third note: "Send me to L.A., where I can see the air I'm breathing."

> In yet another note written while surrounded by medical staff: "If I had this much attention in Hollywood, I'd have stayed there."

> Complimented by a doctor for being a good patient: "I have to be. My father-in-law is a doctor."

> To an attentive nurse: "Does Nancy know about us?"

> To a nurse who told him to "keep up the good work" of his recovery: "You mean this may happen several more times?"

> To Daughter Maureen: The attempted assassination "ruined one of my best suits."

> Greeting White House aides the morning after surgery: "Hi, fellas. I knew it would be too much to hope that we could skip a staff meeting."

> When told by Aide Lyn Nofziger that the Government was running normally: "What makes you think I'd be happy about that?"