IGNORED

Intercom Advice

Ok guy's looking for some real world advice, I have an 86 Venture Royale and I would love to use the intercom system. I have been looking on Ebay and have found a used 5 pin set up that would work with the existing factory system but I have two bike's so that one wouldn't be useable on my other bike. It has two full setups for about 175 w/shipping. I have also found some of the new smh 10 systems with 2 full setups for roughly 260 w/shipping. My dilemma is how good are these Bluetooth systems? Should I spend the extra dough? I don't really think I would use a system on my other bike,(it's a V-Max and the wife don't like riding it) but if I ever updated the Venture I don't think the 5 pin system is usable on the newer bikes either, but I would save bucks. I could use some advice what are you guys using? Pros-Cons Wired, Bluetooth, save money see how I like it? Spend money and take the chance I either won't like it or use it as much as I think?????? Look forward to your advice.

Oh wait. It doesn't, that's why you're talking bluetooth.....

Anyhow, there are headsets that can connect to various hard wired systems with the appropriate connecting cord. I just got my wife a headset for Christmas with 2 cords - one for the Venture and the other for the J&M CB she has on her bike.

You might give Sierra Motorcycle Electronics a call to find out which headsets give the most flexibility. They helped me quite a bit with my purchase.

Bob Meyers is my go to intercom Guru. I have J&M headsets of the less expensive type. I think I have about $180 in a pair. But then you have to add the cost I put together for plugs for ear buds for rider and passenger, parts to make the connectors and the time etc. I think if I was to go for headsets again the SMH 20 would be in the running. Using earbuds makes the music and communications clear and also knocks some of the wind noise out.