IGNORED

Gamers check in here!

pbjman

Well, I started playing a game called Dark Souls on the Xbox 360. It's a 3rd person action/adventure/RPG game of swords, crossbows, skeletons, knights, etc. IT IS HARD. Make a little progress. Die. Respawn in the same place as last time. Kill the same enemies again. Make a little progress. Die Again. Respawn in same place as last time, but now only with the same amount of arrows and firebombs that you DIED WITH. Kill the same enemies again. Make a little more progress. Die Again..... I know it doesn't sound fun, but I'm hooked!

I need toget "Dragon Age Inquisition" and I'm thinking of that new game "The Order: 1881" looks interesting.
If you're thinking of Inquisition, go buy Dragon Age 1 and 2 and play through those for the story. DA2 though will tick you off with the rehashed dungeons every time you need to go quest, they all look about alike after a bit. Also another good game series is Elder Scrolls, Mike has all the games, but to me, the best are oblivion and Skyrim I never got into morrowind, I hated my character walking around like it lived on a horse 24/7. But Mike enjoys that one over the others I think.

My Girl friend bought me a 360 a few years ago with the kinnect. we play some of the sports game, mostly I play 1st person shooter/action NON-military. been through all the batman games 2 of the Ironman, crackdown GTA and a few others. Online/PC I play DDO, my son bought me the game years ago thinking it was a stand alone, didn't realize it was subscription based.I've been hooked for over 7 years. DDO now has a free to play option...

Lots (LOTS !) of RPG's/shooters on the PC. Just finished Far Cry 4 (twice) Have Dragon Age Inquistion waiting to be installed. The wife and I also play Golf on the PS3. If they ever come out with a golf game on the PS4 I'll trade the PS3 in on one.

Still installed on my PC and all are in some state of completion:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl

The Witcher II

Risen III

BioShock Infinite

Balders Gate Enhanced

Far Cry (still playing it years later!)

Far Cry 3

and I still find time to put lots of miles on the trike. Living in east Tennessee just minutes from some really terrific roads I hear the trike calling often "Let's go, let's go".

If you're thinking of Inquisition, go buy Dragon Age 1 and 2 and play through those for the story. DA2 though will tick you off with the rehashed dungeons every time you need to go quest, they all look about alike after a bit. Also another good game series is Elder Scrolls, Mike has all the games, but to me, the best are oblivion and Skyrim I never got into morrowind, I hated my character walking around like it lived on a horse 24/7. But Mike enjoys that one over the others I think.

I now have Inquisition for the PS4. :happy34: Have Skyrim for the PS3. Also have Assassins Creed also for the PS3. :banana:

You guys and gals are living a life that I envy so much. LOL. If I could get into gaming without winding up with an addiction that would deteriorate my health and marriage, I would certainly buy me all the new stuff immediately. But, I know myself. I used to love playing PC games. I spent hours playing a game called Metal of Honor. And I wore a joystick out playing a PC F1 racing game. When my kids were young I would play the first Halo game with them all the time. Loved it! Now that I'm older and can afford any and all gaming systems and games, I have decided I better not go there. I have an addictive thing in me that I know it would result in me staying in my home office and playing video games instead of going to see customers like I should, or instead of me taking care of my home responsibilities. But, I love reading this thread about y'alls exploits. It all sounds so fun.

The wife prefers me doing this then other things. BUT I have learned a few things. When she asks for help the correct answer is "Right away dear!!!!" NOT "OK as soon as I get through this level!!!". :doh: Also any chores have to be done first!!! NOT when I finish this level. And when it gets warm enough to get outside and do chores and other pursuits :fishin: the game machine goes away until NEXT winter!!! :snow: