IGNORED

Had problems, couldnt get on thread, Freebird helped, passed on to Randy, helped him

cowpuc

I just noticed that Midnight is having problems similar to some I was having yesterday.. Our Boss who is a LIFE saver, asked me try cleaning my cache,, did it and it helped.. I also increased the amount of space allocated to the cache.. I passed this info on to Randy who, even though I FORGOT to tell him to click on the "Network" tab, was able to successfully do the same.. Here is a copy of the email I sent him (notice I fixed the part about clicking on the "network" tab Randy - sorry about that buddy).. If you are running Firefox and having problems like some of us are - try this and it might help.. Might not be a bad idea to do it anyway.. Hope this helps someone out there!!

Hi Rand

Think I read that you were having some issues with the puter again.. ust went thru some of the same stuff, thought I would pass this on... Upper right hand corner of the Firefox page again (just like last fix).. Click on the icon with the 3 bars again.

This time, instead of clicking on the "?" at the bottom of the window when it opens, click on "Options" (looks like a nobby tire symbal).. In the window that pops open next, click on the "Network" tab, next window on the top bar to the far right should be "advanced" - click on "advanced" (symbal looks like second gear out of 1st Gen). Middle of that page you will see 2 "clear" icons - click on those buttons than click on "ok" at the bottom of the page.. Try it now, that may fix it..

I also increased the size of the cache on mine while I was in there.. You will find the selection for doing so to the left of the "clear" icons.. I would be happy to walk you thru it if needed..

Same problem today with IE9. Had to 'delete browsing history' under tools, log out, log in and seems to work ok.

In IE, go into Internet Options. On the General tab, put a check in the box for Delete Browsing History on Exit.

Then go into the Advanced tab and scroll almost to the bottom. Put a check in the box next to Empty temporary Internet files folder when browser is closed.

I want to again thank both puc and Freebird for helping me. My problem was I could open VR.org as normal, but I could not get into watering hole. I could get into everything else just fine.

After doing what puc suggested, and it does help someone computer challenged like me to go through each basis step, I was able to git-er-done. It also helped me understand a little more about this thing.

I also want to thank those that recommended that I go from Internet Explorer to Firefox as my browser. On my laptop, there is no doubt that for me it is a much more stable program. Before, I was constantly getting "Internet Explorer has stopped working" box. Not getting that anymore.

Randy

In IE, go into Internet Options. On the General tab, put a check in the box for Delete Browsing History on Exit.

Then go into the Advanced tab and scroll almost to the bottom. Put a check in the box next to Empty temporary Internet files folder when browser is closed.

done :happy34: