IGNORED

Central Florida roads

CaptainJoe

Joe, For 3/13-3/15, we can stay at Quality Inn. We can share one room with two double beds, you and Steve share bed, or I can get my own room. Let me know.

Ha...

Steve is a very good friend of mine, but neither one of us is gay...

so the answer to that suggestion is HELL NO!.... LOL

Problem solved... I called Kingsail and they extended our stay to include the 13th and14th:thumbsup2:

Edited by CaptainJoe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my house to Karen's area is exactly 3 hours that's 170 miles down the back roads around the lake it takes another hour and a half to go down the back roads to get down to Key Largo figure lunch at Gilberts is about an hour or hour and a half from there or you're probably about 35 or 40 miles north of marathon you will not have a problem making it there for 5 o'clock.so if we left my place by about 8:00 or 830 in the morning you will not get to your destination till about 530

Sounds Great Mike!

Tiki Bar 6 pm on 12 th followed up by a rocket launch at 10:44 PM and a ride to your place...

Friday wake up and ride to the Keys....

I like it when a plan comes together...:thumbsup2:

Edited by CaptainJoe

thanks,

I've been on those roads before around Titusville it's beautiful, the closer you get to Miami the more stop and go... built up over the years to the point it's uninteresting.. That's why I'd prefer to go inland to central Florida. to see the folks.

oh I was thinking center of state north to south not east to west DUH. Its been a few years for that also. Last few time was with the kids so I made it a straight shot 180 miles one way, I wanted it over with LOL. Running north to south if you get between 441 and 27 there aren't many secondary roads in the swamp, most are tertiary at best! Many are a lane and 1/2 for a few miles. Any way you go take your time its still pretty country and some great old buildings

Thanks for the invite Mike, but we couldn't in good conscience put you and you wife on the spot like that.

Hope you didn't think I was suggesting/hinting around to do so.

Your offer for the three of us to stay overnight on the 12th is more than enough and deeply appreciated.

I called Kingsail and they extended our stay to include the 13th and14th

So its all good!

I know I'm catching the tail-end of this thread, but Rider magazine has some good rides in Fla on their website. Go to the "good roads" tab, then just drill down to Florida. Sorry for the lateness, but you could catch some of them on your way back up. Good luck and good riding!!