IGNORED

Cb not working

5 Buck Kanuck

Hi All; My CB won’t turn on (no light) I have removed the rear trunk put the CB into the L/Saddle bag I cut I small grove in the side making sure no to pinch the wire. When I checked the plug that goes into the CB there is power in 2 holes. I had a amp installed by a radio shop in the front faring. Is it possible that they have cut into something that has to do with the power going into the CB switch on the handle bars. If yes, what can I do to fix it without going back to the radio shop. ???????????

Check fuses, if fuses are Ok, you need to verfify that power and ground are Ok up to the unit, and also that the terminal in the handlebar is correctly connected to the main unit. If this is not the case, you need to open the main unit to verify that there is not internal fuse blow out that is causing this.

Check the inner front fairing. Inside are a couple multi plugs that could have worked loose or been disconnected when the amp was installed.

The CB quite on me a month after getting my 08 RSV and it was the connections that had worked loose. Guess is they weren't full seated when plugged together at the factory. I also wrapped the connection with electrical tape and glad to say "knock on wood" no problems in the past 5 yrs.