IGNORED

CB antenna fold-down mount

Gearhead

Hi,

I just installed a Wilson Flex 3' antenna and want a fold-down mount so I can cover the bike. I've read some posts here about this, one of which said the 203EZ mount was too sloppy; Hugbare said some are, some aren't. I took my chances and ordered one with the antenna. It's junk. It looks nice, but allows the tip of the antenna to wiggle around about 2". I've only found a couple alternatives:

- There is a similar looking unit called an AUFO - Accessories Unlimited Fold Over. Do any of you know if it's just the same junk part in different packaging from a different distributor?

- The Firestik DV series mounts (with the wingnut) are my second choice, but it seems that Firestik is discontinuing at least some of them. The DV-SBS with the spring seems to still be available, but I didn't really want a spring. I guess it would be OK. DV-90 or DV-SB would be preferred. Do any of you have a source, or have one you want to sell?

- Is there any other fold-down mount out there that I'm not finding?

Thanks,

Jeremy

I have a 203EZ that's adequate, but certainly not good. I haven't seen the AUFO unit.

According to Rick at Firestik the DV-SB has been discontinued but they're looking for something to replace it. I didn't ask him about any of the others.

I haven't found anything else yet.