IGNORED

Sparkplug caps

Well, dealing with numerous "No Start" issues and while I was replacing spark plugs, I decided to take a look inside the caps. Well, as I unscrewed #1, there was only the screw and a white rod (which I assume is the resistor)...cleaned it with electrical cleaner and a paper towel and moved to #3....low and behold, a spring and a disc are ALSO in #3 (I was very careful to be on the look out for small parts when disassembling so I'm sure somebody else has been inside #1).

My questions :#1 What is the order...disc-spring-rod-screw? #2 Does anyone know the NGK replacement number? Looks like they are only around $5 ea. at Dennis Kirk(if that's the case, I'll just replace all 4), and lastly, where would you buy replacements?

Thank you in advance

Pat

Pic is the caps I used, they actually fit a little better. I got them from a little private MC dealer in town, STAR Motorcycle. You might call around, or order on line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/130977705485?lpid=82

Cant remember assembly order, but I think there were 2 disks, one on each end of the resistor. I do know final spec to ohm out your caps is 10K ohm

[ATTACH]87710[/ATTACH]

Pic is the caps I used, they actually fit a little better. I got them from a little private MC dealer in town, STAR Motorcycle. You might call around, or order on line.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/130977705485?lpid=82

Cant remember assembly order, but I think there were 2 disks, one on each end of the resistor. I do know final spec to ohm out your caps is 10K ohm

[ATTACH]87710[/ATTACH]

Did you use the angle ones all the way around ? Which ones did you use for the straight ones ?