IGNORED

Having a great trip

frankd

For a little over a week, Barb and I have been having a great motorcycle trip. We left home Thursday, Sept. 25 and headed for our daughters house in Mufreesboro TN. We had a great visit and watched our youngest grandson play in a soccer tournament. Monday, we met our friends from southern Illinois near the northern end of the Natchez Trace. We rode sections of the Trace, and some great state and federal highways, and we ended up in Gulf Port Miss. Barb and I had never visited that section of the Gulf Coast before. Then we rode into New Orleans, walked around in the French Quarter, and had lunch there. We rode up to Natchez our friends started talking to a couple from England that had visited the Jerry Lee Lewis museum near there. We went there the next day---the museum was small, but great. It talked about a lot of singers and musicians that were born near there plus it had a lot of pictures about Jerry Lee's cousins---Mickey Gillie and Jimmy Swaggart. Percy Sledge was one of the names I recognized. Our friends left for home and we headed towards our friends house just north of Dallas. Tomorrow we're riding to Fort Worth to visit my cousin, and Monday we'll start north and east. The 89' has been running great---getting about 40.5 MPG with the cruise locked on an indicated 75 MPH (73 actual) and on one tank it got 47.5 MPG, but the speed was 50-55MPH for most of the tank.

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

GREAT WRITE UP!! Sounds like you folks are having a blast and covering a lot of interesting miles PLUS playing with the grandkids = AWESOME!! Thank you for sharing about it all Frank!!

40 MPG = respectful,,, 47 = :dancefool: