IGNORED

Brake Pad Compounds

Hi, I have an 87 VR and was wondering about Sintered pads for the front. EBC lists the FA123HH Sintered as applicable, but SBS only recommends the 613HF which is ceramic. The OEM pads look to be semi-sintered which would be the FA123V or others?......I ride aggressively 2up and want the best performance without ruining the rotors....

TIA

Hi, I have an 87 VR and was wondering about Sintered pads for the front. EBC lists the FA123HH Sintered as applicable, but SBS only recommends the 613HF which is ceramic. The OEM pads look to be semi-sintered which would be the FA123V or others?......I ride aggressively 2up and want the best performance without ruining the rotors....

TIA

I installed the HH on my 1990 because I was riding a lot with fully loaded AND two up AND pulling a trailer. In that configuration, I was able to lock up the front wheel; once as an experiment/test and once in a 'panic' braking situation at 65 mph. The result was a wrecked rig.

YMMV.

Double H are good pads generally. New rotors are available at reasonable prices. Would you rather stop short of trouble and replace some parts sometimes or preserve the motorcycle parts and not stop quickly enough at a risk to your (own) non-replaceable parts?

Interestingly enough 90-up specifies HH, they must have changed the material of the rotors? I dont want to compromise but I dont want to unecessarily waste my rotors if a good match can be made.....hmmm answered my own question part #'s are the same for 87/90

Edited by yamahale