IGNORED

Motorcycle Cannonball 2014

Bob B

The Cannonball is AMAZING!! We followed em back in 2012 and had a BLAST - well worth the time and effort! An interesting thing that I learned by doing so was that not all these folks are followed by support teams and the like.. Some of them are just everyday kinda people out for an adventure,, just fellow gearheaded kinda folk livin off the land so to speak.. ALL great people:bighug:

Got to make GREAT friends, fixed a stranded 29 Harley JD, heard many many great tales PLUS seeing a rolling bike museum was PRICELESS!!

GREAT THREAD Bob!! Go find em you guys if ya got the time - you WILL be glad you did!!:cool10:

Guest tx2sturgis

With that cold front moving in to the central US...they have a bit of a challenge ahead of them for a few days till they get west of the Continental Divide.

I thought about taking a little ride up into KS and CO to see the Cannonball again....but I have too many things I have to get done this weekend.

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis
What do they typically do on a "rest day"?

I see that this Saturday is a rest day in Junction City, KS.

I'm sort of thinking about going there.

Maybe drink beer and work on the bikes?

A few years ago I rode to the Cannonball stopover in Clovis NM.

Very cool event.

I got to meet Buzz Kanter from American Iron Magazine and also Patrick Simmons of the Doobie Brothers.

He is a really nice guy.... His wife Cris, also rides in the rally.

Worth the trip if you can get there when they all ride into town!

http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/images/smilies/thumb.gif

Well it got as high as 55 today here.

My windchill calculator said that 49 degrees at 75 mph feels like 37 degrees and I just didn't want to ride at 37 degrees for 4 hours one way so I didn't go.

In January it would be different because 37 degrees is warm then but not just yet. :backinmyday:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest news is the trailer was abandoned in Seattle with 4 of the complete bikes inside, but the 5th bike in pieces was gone along with tools and other stuff. The 2 owners were elated on the recovery. The tow vehicle was recovered some 20 miles away in Auburn, a neighboring community to Tacoma

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA