IGNORED

Ran across some Hell's Angels

Freebird

OH...I KNEW that most rode Harleys. I just didn't know that so many of them ride Road Glides specifically.

But unless you are in "the know", how the heck can you tell them apart?

I did a little research into my model year Venture VS Harley. Here's what I found. This is 2001.

Harley

Cruisers

FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic

FLSTCI Heritage Softail Classic

FLSTF Fat Boy

FLSTFI Fat Boy

FLSTS Heritage Springer

FLSTSI Heritage Springer

FXD Dyna Super Glide

FXDL Dyna Low Rider

FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide

FXDWG2

FXDX Dyna Super Glide Sport

FXDXT Super Glide T-Sport

FXST Softail

FXSTB Night Train

FXSTBI Night Train

FXSTD Softail Deuce

FXSTDI Softail Deuce

FXSTI Softail

FXSTS Springer Softail

FXSTSI Springer Softail

XL1200

XL1200C

XL1200S

XL883

XL883 Hugger

XL883C

Touring

FLHR Road King

FLHRCI Road King Classic

FLHRI Road King

FLHT Electra Glide

FLHTC Electra Glide Classic

FLHTCI Electra Glide Classic

FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide

FLTR Road Glide

FLTRI Road Glide

FLTRSEI2 Screamin' Eagle

Yamaha

Cruiser

- 2001 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

- 2001 Yamaha Royal Star Boulevard

- 2001 Yamaha Road Star Silverado

- 2001 Yamaha Road Star Midnight Star

- 2001 Yamaha Road Star

- 2001 Yamaha V-Max

- 2001 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic

- 2001 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Custom

- 2001 Yamaha V-Star Classic

- 2001 Yamaha V-Star Custom

- 2001 Yamaha Virago 250

Touring

- 2001 Yamaha Venture

36 vs 13... 12 if you take out the Virago 250.

To me, a Harley is a Harley. I don't have time to care if the badge is upside down or at a 45 degree angle.

Guest tx2sturgis
OH...I KNEW that most rode Harleys. I just didn't know that so many of them ride Road Glides specifically.

Yeah....I knew that too but had to razz you a bit....

Actually even 1%ers know a good handling bike when they ride one...

:p

Gentleman as I sit here and write this I want you to understand that this is a former life and not current. I am 27 years old and I started riding motorcycles at the age of 9. I have been riding on the road since I was 12 (illegally) of course. In a former lifestyle I lived I road with a 1% club no I was not a member of that 1% club but I was a full patch member of a 1% support club. A puppet or support club wears the colors of that 1% club and is sworn to live by there law and do as they say. Now on to what I have seen, heard, encountered. I joined the club at 21 years of age and it took me 1 year to become a full patch member. The hang around phase was a breeze as they want you to stay interested in the club but when you earn your probate patch which is just a bottom rocker to begin with. That's when things get rough and you become more involved. Yes most of our members were former military and veterans. Soon enough after working security detail and tons of "chores" I earned my full patch. I then started being able to join the parties and have a good time so to speak. At that time I thought it was cool to have the "honor" of hanging with the 1%ers. After about 3 years I earned the title of "secretary" for our chapter. I was an officer and people showed me the utmost respect. I thought I had earned that respect out of all I had done for my club. Really all they had was fear. When we would go to a charity ride people would stare at us they would avoid us and were just trying to avoid us at all costs. We had a RC (riding club) under us that served us and did "chores" for us. Anyway the public has an image as these clubs as murderers dope dealers and just generally bad people. I met a lot of great people and I met those that the public seem to focus on. The things that I have done I am not proud of nor will I ever relive those days. I have seen things that go on that definitely aren't of the legal standard but you can see that on any street corner. My days in the club came to an end when we found out that a member of one of our riding clubs was an ATF agent trying to work his way up to infiltrate the 1% club we served. Needless to say that was close enough for me to know i wanted out. Moral of the story is do not judge these men by their colors but always know in the back of your mind what contact you have with them is and can be potentially hazardous to your freedom and your life also if you are stupid enough to mess with one of the member prepare for the other 10 you don't see. Be smart ride hard and watch what you do. God bless

PS- God saw me through all of those days and hopefully he will the remainder of my days on Earth. If you would like to know how God and Jesus can see you through your days I will be happy to share with you what I know.

Yeah....I knew that too but had to razz you a bit....

Actually even 1%ers know a good handling bike when they ride one...

:p

You are right about it being a good handling bike. It will really carve the curves. There are a lot of things I like about the Road Glide but we have to be honest, there is a major downside also. I've heard a few people here complain about the heat on the RSV. I can tell you for a fact, if you are sensitive at ALL to heat then you do NOT want a Harley or at least a Road Glide. They can be a bit brutal on a hot day and especially if you get caught in stop and go traffic. There are things you can do that will help but I'm not sure how much. I've removed the catalytic converter, done the Stage One air cleaner, did the tuning and etc. and it did help some but it is still HOT. The next step will be to install true duel ceramic coated headers which is also supposed to help a lot but I suspect when I am done, it will still be HOT.

My wife says that the bike is more comfortable for her than the RSV was. EXCEPT for the heat. Her right foot especially gets roasted pretty good. Hopefully the true duels will help in that regard.

Compared to the Road Glide, the RSV is like sitting on an air conditioner.

I am a member of the Son's of Arthritis and have the tee shirt.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Laughed till I got tears in my eyes on that Diddy!! However, PLEASE know I am not laughing AT you but with you brother 1%er!! Interesting thing about our club,, we dont need no 3 part patch to KNOW we are members and our swollen knuckles aint from fightin!:cool10:

Gentleman as I sit here and write this I want you to understand that this is a former life and not current. I am 27 years old and I started riding motorcycles at the age of 9. I have been riding on the road since I was 12 (illegally) of course. In a former lifestyle I lived I road with a 1% club no I was not a member of that 1% club but I was a full patch member of a 1% support club. A puppet or support club wears the colors of that 1% club and is sworn to live by there law and do as they say. Now on to what I have seen, heard, encountered. I joined the club at 21 years of age and it took me 1 year to become a full patch member. The hang around phase was a breeze as they want you to stay interested in the club but when you earn your probate patch which is just a bottom rocker to begin with. That's when things get rough and you become more involved. Yes most of our members were former military and veterans. Soon enough after working security detail and tons of "chores" I earned my full patch. I then started being able to join the parties and have a good time so to speak. At that time I thought it was cool to have the "honor" of hanging with the 1%ers. After about 3 years I earned the title of "secretary" for our chapter. I was an officer and people showed me the utmost respect. I thought I had earned that respect out of all I had done for my club. Really all they had was fear. When we would go to a charity ride people would stare at us they would avoid us and were just trying to avoid us at all costs. We had a RC (riding club) under us that served us and did "chores" for us. Anyway the public has an image as these clubs as murderers dope dealers and just generally bad people. I met a lot of great people and I met those that the public seem to focus on. The things that I have done I am not proud of nor will I ever relive those days. I have seen things that go on that definitely aren't of the legal standard but you can see that on any street corner. My days in the club came to an end when we found out that a member of one of our riding clubs was an ATF agent trying to work his way up to infiltrate the 1% club we served. Needless to say that was close enough for me to know i wanted out. Moral of the story is do not judge these men by their colors but always know in the back of your mind what contact you have with them is and can be potentially hazardous to your freedom and your life also if you are stupid enough to mess with one of the member prepare for the other 10 you don't see. Be smart ride hard and watch what you do. God bless

PS- God saw me through all of those days and hopefully he will the remainder of my days on Earth. If you would like to know how God and Jesus can see you through your days I will be happy to share with you what I know.

Bronco - thanks for sharing your story!! Bottom line in the "Clubs", especially for recruitment purposes, is the offering of a sense of belonging/security/acceptance/respect/pride and having fun with "Family".. Things we all have need of as human beings.

Many folks who get involved are shocked to find out afterwards how difficult it can be to

recant their membership if/when they find out they no longer find those things fulfilled..

I am happy for you and proud of you that you found your way out and to our family here on VR..

There are many great people on the site from all walks of life that, hopefully, you will take the time and meet. Just like the rest of us, whether young or old, I also hope you find your time with us very fulfilling and rewarding!

Puc

You are right about it being a good handling bike. It will really carve the curves. There are a lot of things I like about the Road Glide but we have to be honest, there is a major downside also. I've heard a few people here complain about the heat on the RSV. I can tell you for a fact, if you are sensitive at ALL to heat then you do NOT want a Harley or at least a Road Glide. They can be a bit brutal on a hot day and especially if you get caught in stop and go traffic. There are things you can do that will help but I'm not sure how much. I've removed the catalytic converter, done the Stage One air cleaner, did the tuning and etc. and it did help some but it is still HOT. The next step will be to install true duel ceramic coated headers which is also supposed to help a lot but I suspect when I am done, it will still be HOT.

My wife says that the bike is more comfortable for her than the RSV was. EXCEPT for the heat. Her right foot especially gets roasted pretty good. Hopefully the true duels will help in that regard.

Compared to the Road Glide, the RSV is like sitting on an air conditioner.

Truthfully, I think its just nature of the beast Don being an air-cooled big twin.. Tippy and I have spent a LOT of hours on the Ultra Classic Limited (103") and ridden many miles with our friends that own it and can attest to exactly what you have found..

Just an opinion, I think that HD (like everyone else) chasing the big bore idea (74" - 80" - 88" - 95" - 96" - 103" - 110") and running em leaner (fuel injection) has not helped with the heat at all.. Personally, I think the coolest running HD I have ever owned and put a LOT of cross country miles on was my 78 Shovel with an oil cooler.. It ran WAYYYYY cooler than these new ones do!!

Tell ya one thing HD has done right in helping with the heat my friend.. Moving that oil tank down from the right hand side of the fuel tank like on this ol WLA is a MAJOR improvement!! 90 degree summer day riding with that HOT 50 weight oil flowing like 10 weight can make your thigh feel like a thigh from Kentucky Fried Chicken!!:rotf: