IGNORED

Pop pop..pop.BANG

Yes, I just found that. What moron designed this junk? I took the whole section out and was able to carefully sand blast the joint and cover it with JB Weld. Should fix it. The gaskets actually look fine but was I able to tighten the ring a little so hoping that fixes that part.

Hopefully fixing these leaks and boosting the idle RPMs a little will make an improvement.

I run Seafoam through once or twice a year and last time was recent. I seriously doubt a carb issue as the bike runs perfect. I suspect that exhaust leak at the rear gasket was the culprit. I do not think the leak at Y pipe was causing the backfire. If you look at my video... that leak is blowing air OUT the pipes. Whereas the leak at the engine gasket was clearly sucking air in. Should know here in a bit when I get it all back together.

Well, I replaced the rear exhaust gaskets and bent the tabs on the Y pipe clamps so I could snug them tighter and that seems to have fixed the BANG backfiring issue.

I'm still getting the pop pop... pop pop pop thing on deceleration but it is not loud and I can live with that.