IGNORED

Throttle tube

I am in need of a throttle tube for my 86 venture. The one I now have is badly worn on the pull-side cable attachment hole. The button on the cable will not stay in place. I bought what I thought might be a good one off ebay but it was as worn as badly as the one that I already had.

Would anyone have a spare in good condition? Would anyone have any experience mending the holes in the tube?

[ATTACH]86639[/ATTACH]

I am in need of a throttle tube for my 86 venture. The one I now have is badly worn on the pull-side cable attachment hole. The button on the cable will not stay in place. I bought what I thought might be a good one off ebay but it was as worn as badly as the one that I already had.

Would anyone have a spare in good condition? Would anyone have any experience mending the holes in the tube?

[ATTACH]86639[/ATTACH]

I think I have one, I will try to find it tomorrow night.

Gary

[ATTACH]86639[/ATTACH]

Les, the oval hole is intentional. New Yamaha push/pull throttle tubes have an oval hole.

I checked both of the Venture throttle tubes I have and both have the oval hole.

So, IMHO, the oval hole is not the reason the button on the cable will not stay in place. Perhaps the button is worn? Or the throttle cable is maladjusted, allowing too much slack at the throttle tube?

Thanks to Gary and Kevin,

After looking at more of those offered for sale on ebay I began to suspect that the oval shape was not from wear. I installed two new throttle cables and may need to apply more tension on the cable. The socket for the carb end of the pull cable was missing so the adjustments were impossible until that was replaced. I'll have to abandon my ego and "read the instructions".

Thanks again to both of you,

Les

The tube I have has an oval also, so that must be the way they are made.

It's only on the pull cable, curious as to why it is like that.

I have Kuryakin's on both bikes, I'll try and remember if I am in there to look. Sylvester will be best chance to check.

Gary

Gary,

The aftermarket tubes that I have seen do not appear to have the oval hole. I have tried to find one that would fit the 86 Venture and have found none that are represented to be compatible. If you have the information for a suitable aftermarket tube I would be interested.

Thanks again,

Gary,

The aftermarket tubes that I have seen do not appear to have the oval hole. I have tried to find one that would fit the 86 Venture and have found none that are represented to be compatible. If you have the information for a suitable aftermarket tube I would be interested.

Thanks again,

All numbers shown are for 1st gen with 7/8" bars.

Search ebay for "KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS YAMAHA 6341"

These are black set, includes throttle tube.

Search ebay for "KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS YAMAHA 6318"

This is black throttle boss.

Search ebay for "KURYAKYN ISO GRIPS YAMAHA 6325"

These are chrome set, includes throttle tube.

Picture attached is of black set & throttle boss for 7/8" bars. Some dust on them.

Gary