IGNORED

Hopkins 48895 Converter...

CaptainJoe

Well, I got it working but I'm not pleased how I did it...

Will have to do later as I'm headed to Colorado Saturday morning and don't have time to fool with it anymore...

Hooked it up the way It should be and was getting feed back with no brake lights and the running lights were actually the brake lights:

Bike - Converter - Device

battery ground - white - Ground

Blue - Brown - Tail light

Brown - Yellow - Left turn

Yellow - Red - Brake

Green - Green - Right turn

Hooked it up like this and it worked:

Blue - Red - Tail light

Yellow - Brown - Brake

Believe the converter is either wired wrong internally or shorted, but it work this way...

Works perfectly on bunkhouse camper that Jeff wired up a couple years ago.

works on the luggage rack I built.

Will hook bunkhouse up to the Toyota tomorrow...:whistling:

Pretty confident it will work on the Toyota...

May get a powered converter as I believe its a better fix.

Edited by CaptainJoe

is that powered Joe?

No, it's a non powered one. I bought it in Guntersville as my old converter failed after 2 years and I needed lights on the cooler rack to get back home.

After having slept on it, I've decided to take the time to fix it right...

Going to call around and see if I can pick up a Hopkins 46255...:fingers-crossed-emo

Did you ever rewire your cooler rack after the work we did on your bunkhouse and bike?

If you did not already, get the wire kit from M61A1Mech here. It will be a lot better for the bikes wiring harness than all of those scotch locks.

Edited by Flyinfool

Did you ever rewire your cooler rack after the work we did on your bunkhouse and bike?

If you did not already, get the wire kit from M61A1Mech here. It will be a lot better for the bikes wiring harness than all of those scotch locks.

Yup did that after I got back from Galena...

It worked great up till Guntersville....

To late for the M61A1Mech adapter...although that would have been a better fix....

I cut one each of yellow, blue, brown and green wires 7" long and soldered and taped where the scotch locks were this morning.

Also tested both the cooler rack and the bunkhouse on the Toyota... they both work fine...

definitely the non powered converter...

I'm a believer on the powered converters now. To bad no one keeps them in stock or that's what I would have used in the first place....

Hopefuly Ravenswood NAPA will get it in from the Nitro WV warehouse at 2 as promised...:fingers-crossed-emo

I am using a Curt isolated converter that I picked up at a local marine supply store. They had it in stock.

Around here NAPA has always been pretty good about having stuff in as promised.

Auto parts stores have the least selection of towing supplies. Check out places that cater to towing their product, like marine or camper stores or places that sell trailers and supplies. They want to have exactly what you need on hand so that you will buy the big ticket toy from them.

I am using a Curt isolated converter that I picked up at a local marine supply store. They had it in stock.

Around here NAPA has always been pretty good about having stuff in as promised.

Auto parts stores have the least selection of towing supplies. Check out places that cater to towing their product, like marine or camper stores or places that sell trailers and supplies. They want to have exactly what you need on hand so that you will buy the big ticket toy from them.

Got the equivalent from NAPA part no 755-1596 but it has Hopkins on the label. installed in 30 min and works as promised.:cool10:

That's a good point about the camper and marine sales having them...

• 2 years later...
Well, I got it working but I'm not pleased how I did it...

Will have to do later as I'm headed to Colorado Saturday morning and don't have time to fool with it anymore...

Hooked it up the way It should be and was getting feed back with no brake lights and the running lights were actually the brake lights:

Blue - Brown - Tail light

Yellow - Red - Brake

Hooked it up like this and it worked:

Blue - Red - Tail light

Yellow - Brown - Brake

Believe the converter is either wired wrong internally or shorted, but it work this way...

Works perfectly on bunkhouse camper that Jeff wired up a couple years ago.

works on the luggage rack I built.

Will hook bunkhouse up to the Toyota tomorrow...:whistling:

Pretty confident it will work on the Toyota...

May get a powered converter as I believe its a better fix.

Your modification worked perfectly for me. I was about to pull my hair out because the "right" way would not work. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...