IGNORED

Needed.....

I need to know where to get individual Gaskets as specifically for the rear jug as it pertains to the leaky valve seals... Any place here that helps us I want to do business with just like on the other site I do business with Red and Kate at Cycleone....they rock for 750's

stator gasket.......

hmm does anyone here strip these down to Nekked?

after market bars...Etc.....Headlight...I am keeping the bags those critters are handy LOL

any Place that Helps us on stuff like this please chime in...I want to go where my family goes for all parts and service....

I want that temp fan switch thingy the beck arnley one but can not find it...I dont want to order one and it be a different one than I need...

I reallly really could use someone to help me tune my carbs.......I am also happy to say that simple plug change stopped the popping and cracking...... now it just backfires when i shut it off..LOL

I can come to someone in the fifty mile radius....I can do that no problem....

The problem with the older Ventures is that parts are not all that common. The dealers can still get many of the actual OEM parts but some have been discontinued. Aftermarket is almost impossible except for Ebay.

We have a couple of members here to try to provide some parts but certainly not everything. You can check the "Classifieds" under "Member Vendors" for a bit of help.

Skydoc_17 has some stuff.

MiCarl usually has some stuff.

yea I know they made a lot of these bikes...but I want to get rid of the stock handle bars and go with a regular set of 7/8s and get rid of the stock headlight assembly and go with some thing else as far as a head light

When asking for parts....be careful how you word it.

I need to know where to get individual Gaskets as specifically for the rear jug as it pertains to the leaky valve seals.

Valve seals go on the valve stems.....you are probably fixing an external oil leak from the

valve cover....so looking for a valve cover gasket AKA head cover gasket.

Your best bet is dealing with Skydoc_17, MiCarl etc...making sure they clearly know

what you what.

Welcome to the site. Some suggestions for the lighting, flyingfool installed a HID in his (see http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45603) and twigg did a HID projector (see http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67750).

As for handlebars, I have a set off a Maxim 650 that I tweaked the bends to be a little more to where I wanted it. I had started off with them mounted right off the triple tree, but I found a HD riser that lifted them about 4" and pulled back about 1". Had to use shims because the HD clamp was for 1" handlebars and mine were 7/8". All in all, mine are maybe not everyones cup of tea, but the bike is really comfortable, especially with the floorboards and backrest. Any other questions or more pics, just ask.

-Andrew

Pic #1: Handlebar clamps from a XS650 or the like. I removed all the hardware from the Venture and inserted thru the holes on the upper tree. Used a spacer because the non-threaded part was longer than the tree was thick.

Pic #2 & 3: Handlebars mounted.

Pic #4 & 5: Found a HD riser cheap on cl, because the handlebars didn't reach back as far as I wanted. This put them right where I wanted them.

Pic #6: Had to cut the top of the clamp, because the HD mounting for the risers was closer together than the Venture. Just covered with a scrap of leather and made it a custom one-off. Oh, my bike never had the circle thingy that was around the base of handlebars, in case you're wondering why it isn't there.

Handlebars03.jpg