IGNORED

83 different diafram springs and slides

hell yea

if you by diaphragms from Yamaha for an 83 1200 venture you will get part no 41r-14940-09 when you fit them you will have to fit new longer thicker springs as well

CARB DIAPHRAGM SPRING. PART NUMBER- 1FK-14933-00

attachment.php?attachmentid=86089&stc=1&d=1406900744

attachment.php?attachmentid=86090&stc=1&d=1406900742

same spring as the 1300

:no-no-no: if you dont update the spring with the new diafram it will yous lots of fuel and there will be a bad dead spot between 4000 and 5000 rpm

Did you just replace the diaphragms or the slider too? Wondering because I replaced my '83 diaphragms a few years ago but used the springs that were in there. I've never really got stellar mpg, maybe on some trips but for the most part I'm not getting all that good of mileage. Wonder if this would help.

-Andrew

Did you just replace the diaphragms or the slider too? Wondering because I replaced my '83 diaphragms a few years ago but used the springs that were in there. I've never really got stellar mpg, maybe on some trips but for the most part I'm not getting all that good of mileage. Wonder if this would help.

-Andrew

Yamaha only sell the slide and diafram as a unit so yes i replaced both

is necessary to have the heavier springs from the 1300 with the replacement slides from Yamaha

could be worth borrowing a set from a members 1300 parts bike and seeing how you go with them but may be to heavy with the original sliders think its only the early 1200s with the lighter sliders