IGNORED

Plug Wires for 86VR

And I have the older style battery....with sensor....

Holding a charge well....guess I'll leave it in.

Plus there is a resister in-line with the sensor lead.

Interesting what P.O.'s have done....

david

There was a resistor installed (in a clear sleeve) by the factory. Not the correct value though, if you were to eliminate the electrolyte sensor.

And...I have two fuse boxes, the old one sitting on top of the battery and a newer fuse type sitting in front of the battery holder.

The fuse box containing the ATO/ATC fuses are for the (audio) BACKUP, AUDIO/CB, FAN, HAZARD. Plus a couple slots for spare fuses. This fuse box is OEM.

You should also have another OEM fuse; it is a rubber inline fuse holder that contains a glass tube fuse (and a spare) for the CLASS.

There was a resistor installed (in a clear sleeve) by the factory. Not the correct value though, if you were to eliminate the electrolyte sensor.

Makes sense, thx. I'll file that away for when I change the battery out so I can change the resistor. Nice to know a lot of my bike is original.

Thinking maybe one of those little digital volt meters.....miniscule draw, switched, hmmm.

Yeah, I have a digital 'in dash' voltmeter, but I haven't found enough vacant real estate on the Royale for it. Only caveat I can offer for putting a voltmeter on that brown wire is that it may not necessarily reflect true battery voltage due to wire and connector resistance.