IGNORED

Rough running 86

Just picked this baby up. Havent done a thing to it. Guy rode it up until 3 weeks ago. Its fires up right away barley needs choke. Idles really nice. When the bike warms up to full operating temp it starts missing and feels like its running on 2 cylinders when you gas it. It runs hard when i first start it and warm it up for 2-5minutes. Just when shes right hot it starts acting up.

Where should i start??

Might be cracked coils. They'll cut up when everything warms up.

Not sure that this is related directly, but I wonder if it's way too rich. Might check all mixture screw settings. Turn each one all the way in, very gently, counting the number of turns exactly, to the 1/8 of a turn. I think we mostly agree that they should be about 2-3 turns out from the lightly seated position (bottomed).

May not help, but won't hurt to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop at Wall Mart and get a can of BerryMan's Chem Tech. Dump entire can in tank with whatever gas you have in it. The less the better. Run til you have to fill up. You will see a difference. If money is no object do this with the Sea-Foam but 9 bucks a can compared to 4 bucks the Berry Mans does just as good when needed I just don't like to use it all the time. It is a little harsher cleaner than Sea-Foam but will do a great job when carbs get bad. Sea-Foam is great for maint. but Berry Mans is great shock treatment.

What I meant by that is venturerider members with good mechanical aptitude to help you out. In the Windsor area there are several members for you to meet...

Ahhh got ya. Yeah I try and stay away from mechanics as much as possible. Sure be nice to know a few people in the area with good knowledge of these bikes. Plus it's always nice having more people to ride with.

google, get her up on the stand, there's a write up on a bunch of mechanical stuff for the first gen, and he gives a tip on using car spark plug wires that you can use to replace your stock ones and they are much cheaper