IGNORED

Just got back from Colorado

Barry1951

Patti and I and 3 other couples just got back, Saturday evening, from a week in South Fork Colorado.

It is too much to call it beautiful, , , ,not enough, , ,it is MAJESTIC !!!

We rode the Million Dollar Highway, the Silver Thread Highway, went to the Royal Gorge, and just enjoyed the majesties God has made.

The only problem I had was the altitude and the lack of oxygen, , , , I have been having some breathing problems and NEVER thought about the altitude. It nearly got me, ,, felt like I was trying to breathe thru a 1/4 inch tube. Luckily, there was a B&B in South Fork that had an "oxygen bar". I made good use of it, , , The owners said that so many people were having breathing problems that they had to put it in for their guests.

Oh well, , ,I made it, , ,

The mountain rides were so beautiful, , the valleys so peaceful. The weather never hit 80 and the nights were in the 40s.

One of the coolest towns we found was Salida, Colorado, , on the Arkansas River. The town was small and had taken care of the buildings. Several comfortable pubs and a nice amphitheater right on the river banks. The evening we were there, there was a semi-bluegrass band playing really good music. I could have stayed in Salida, , , , , until winter snows, , , , lol.

All in All, in cars and on scooters, we travelled over 3k miles I think.

The friends we went with are the best to travel with. Ross and Ann, Bo and Jo, Gary and Cindy, , , ,Thanks, It was wonderful.

Nexy year, , ,we are talking about a week or so running the beaches from Texas to Florida and then some, , ,

Planning a long weekend to Memphis also, , , ,

WOW!! Sounds like you folks had an AWESOME ride!! Gotta admit, that Colorado is one GORGEOUS State!! Makes a feller not wanna go home doesnt it Barry!!

Glad you all made it back safely and had a ball!

Puc