IGNORED

All right I'm through looking for it!

I can't find the dang bad connection! I did find a connector that the clip had been broken off. I just touch the wires and the connectors came apart. I zip tied the connector together which may have been part of the problem. You see the guy I bought this bike from told me a little untruth when he told me it had never been wrecked. I later found the damage in the lower left fairing. That is where I found this connection that the connector was broken.

So this is what I have just done. This test is with engine off and bike at rest with all battery cables connected;

I looked at my 11 Alive active radar and nothing in sight so I measured the battery and it was 12.78 volts. I cranked it up put a tape it the tape deck (and it works) turned up "The Who", turned on the CB, put the high beams on high, made sure the LED driving lights were on, and turned on the two 55 watt lower driving lights, oh and hooked up the GPS and turned it on. Everything is on except the green LED's and I did not hook up the heated suit as I would not run them and the lower driving lights at the same time anyway ( I think that would be too big a draw). I headed to the gas station 3 miles away and filled it up. I then headed to Staples and made some copies. I then went on a ride for at least an hour. I would have been longer but the rain was coming down so hard I was having a real tough time seeing where I was going.

So started at 12.78 volts

When I got home it was 12.89 volts

One hour later it was 12.84 volts.

Looks good to me. May not be as good as it should be but at long as it is charging that is good enough for me right now. I replaced the RR and that may not solve the problem but it certainly helped.

Harry

Edited by YamaDuck

Is that the battery volts or the running volts?

If that is the battery volts not running then it is good.

I was beginning to wonder if the real problem may have been your meter that you were taking the measurements with.

It seemed every time you ran a test you got different results.

But at least you now know all of your connectors are good to go.:fingers-crossed-emo

Is that the battery volts or the running volts?

If that is the battery volts not running then it is good.

I was beginning to wonder if the real problem may have been your meter that you were taking the measurements with.

It seemed every time you ran a test you got different results.

But at least you now know all of your connectors are good to go.:fingers-crossed-emo

That is the battery volts. Bike not running but everything connected. It may have been the cheap meter or it could have been the fool trying to use the cheap meter. :whistling: