IGNORED

Spring Mods

Hi folks,

Its trying to be spring in Newfoundland but it's May and still only 3-4 degrees Celcius with more snow on Tuesday:(

I installed a few new items this year - ISO grips, kept the original end weights on - ground the colars down and used locktite to hold them in - so far so good. I put a chroms rad cover on - celestial style - look good. Installed a set of passing lamps and just ordered a baggersheild windsheild - I like the idea of a low windsheild if and when it warms up.

I have only been out a few times this year and have put 400km's on it. Not sure if just me but the bike seems to be noisier starting off in 1st gear when the rev's are low - almost a shaking, clunking sound just before it wants to stall. I normally rev it up more to start off but noticed it today in traffic starting. When i heard it I have been doing it over and over to try and pinpoint what it could be. It's a new oil change, rear spline was greased last year when I replaced the rear tire. Diff oil is good and clear - checked that today. Not sure - may it's just me. The bike has 26,800 km's - trouble free so far.

It's a great - we love it :)

Hi folks,

Its trying to be spring in Newfoundland but it's May and still only 3-4 degrees Celcius with more snow on Tuesday:(

I installed a few new items this year - ISO grips, kept the original end weights on - ground the colars down and used locktite to hold them in - so far so good. I put a chroms rad cover on - celestial style - look good. Installed a set of passing lamps and just ordered a baggersheild windsheild - I like the idea of a low windsheild if and when it warms up.

I have only been out a few times this year and have put 400km's on it. Not sure if just me but the bike seems to be noisier starting off in 1st gear when the rev's are low - almost a shaking, clunking sound just before it wants to stall. I normally rev it up more to start off but noticed it today in traffic starting. When i heard it I have been doing it over and over to try and pinpoint what it could be. It's a new oil change, rear spline was greased last year when I replaced the rear tire. Diff oil is good and clear - checked that today. Not sure - may it's just me. The bike has 26,800 km's - trouble free so far.

It's a great - we love it :)

It's a big heavy beast that wants some revs to pull off smoothly. Let it have the gas it wants. You'll never hurt a V4 1300 by burning gasoline through it. My Venture is still new,

I'm in Flatrock, about an hour away, if you want a second ear to listen to it, but what you describe sounds like normal behaviour to me. I'm in the member list and the VR assistance list. Always up for a ride, coffee, and possibly truthful, but generally not, tall tales about rides. And, yes, the weather isn't helping. The weather office has a lot of nerve trying to describe this as 'spring'.

Yep these Ventures are a beast ! They received this name from HD riders not for being top heavy but for the motor itself ! The beast

The more throttle you give the meaner these motors get period no matter how much throttle you give these motors beg for more :happy34:

With the rev.limiter you can never hurt these motors open it up and let the beast loose !

To feel the true power of these beast ride a 83 venture with no rev.limiter as these old beast will hit 9,000 rpm's in a heart beat or better yet ride a V-Max on steroids

Truly work of art how well made these motor are made !

Rumors for years is the V-max in the Venture but like it states rumors