IGNORED

Only running on 2

Well, I spent several weeks waiting on brake parts. I didn't run the bike for those two to three weeks. Now that I have the brakes working, I have a new problem. I started it up. Started right away with the choke on but it was running rough.

Give it throttle ever so gently, and I can get the rpms up (with choke). After warming up, I can use a little less choke. The rpms don't come down right away when I release the throttle. Choke all the way off and the engine dies. Pulled the airbox and all the sliders look like they are responding well to throttle changes.

The right front exhaust and the left rear exhaust are not very hot, just warm.

Does this sound like stuck float needles? http://www.venturerider.org/forum/images/smilies/confused24.gif

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have.

So for me the first thing I would do is turn on the bike and open and close each float drain to ensure that all 4 carbs have fuel.

Next check all 4 plugs for good fire

Then if still not seeing anything take the covers of the tops of the carbs and check the slides and the slide diaphragms for holes

If still no luck and everything else is good I would say you got a plugged idle jet

When I bought my old 85 Kawa ZN, it had a dead cylinder. I put a conductor in the spark plug cap and touched it to the block and it sparked so I assumed it wasn't the ignition. Wrong! The spark plug was completely dead! After spending some time on carb cleaning and # 2 was still dead I switched spark plugs and found out the real problem! I felt like a big dummy!

Took a long screwdriver and pecked on the float bowl covers. Started it up and it is now running on 4 cylinders and not just two. I did a quick sync and readjusted the idle speed. It's performing much better now.

Next step is to check the neck bearings.

Thank you! to everyone who responded. I love this site! You guys rock, because you are always willing to help, even if it's just to help me scratch my head.

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10: