IGNORED

Hard to find a replacement for my 91

Guest HdHtr

Guest HdHtr
Parts are getting there for 1st Gens but if I was looking for a #1 ride and could find a real low mile 1st Gen......Then "Ugly" only has 24k and there is that 83 with 19k showing....:whistling:

You ever fix that big hole in the collector Dan?

Guest HdHtr
I am thinking about a new bike and really disappointed in the choices out there across the board.

I am adjusting to what is out there slowly. Not sure exactly what I will wind up with. I too am really disappointed in the choices.

I know, pricey, but i'd take a deeper look into a BMW K 1600 GT or GT/L.

It's by far the closest match to 1Gen on the overall Line up on Standard Tourers nowadays. Some of those have Issues, yes, but you won't find any Manufacturer or Model which doesn't have a Glitch or two.

I looked and took a test drive on a GT, and if i could talk myself into buying a BMW Motorcycle, i would have bought it. The Mrs. is not absolutely happy with the Back Seat, but most of these Things would have found a Solution. I'd bought a GT ( for the Rider Seating and Steering Position, plus Power (Maps) and mounted the rear End and Trunk of a GT/L for the Convinience of the Back Seater.

After 23 years and a touch over 235,000 miles I have decided that the old thing is not worth fixing any more. So I started looking for a replacement bike.

Found the VStrom 1000 Adventure was really a good fit and I could live with it, in the naked bike offerings, the Bonneville and the CB1100 were good.

A mere 235,000, demand a refund!:cool10: New to the RSTD but have owned a Vee 1000 for the past 6yrs. Excellent daily rider, major fun on the back-road twisties but isn't at it's best as a long distance tourer. Comfortable riding position; a little over 500lbs but carries the weight much higher than RSTD (no experience with the Venture). Wind turbulence is a common complaint. If you are partial to a V4 Honda just brought out the CTX 1300. :080402gudl_prv: