IGNORED

Rstd rear wheel balance help

oldbutnewrider

Need some help and advice here please...2006 RSTD New E-3's just installed (purchased from Jake Wilson). Took to local shop for install, they added 21 total weights to rear wheel (5 grams ea for a total of 3.7 oz) They said its OK... what the machine said is needed, It just scares me having 11 weights on one side and 10 on the other...Can I get some input please? Is this normal? I only had a couple of small weights on with previous tire... Please share your thoughts/concerns. :confused07:

Thanks in advance

No this is not normal someone not knowing how to balance tire also that kinda weight on the tire should been broke down and spun 180 on wheel and rebalanced still sounds like someone not knowing what their doing

They said its OK...

No this is not normal someone not knowing how to balance tire also that kinda weight on the tire should been broke down and spun 180 on wheel and rebalanced still sounds like someone not knowing what their doing

NO NO NO!! I would return and ask if they had anyone that didn't have their head in the sand!!

Either they do not know what they are doing, or your tire is defective. Call Dunlop...

Goose

and we say its not,,, obviously we have a MAJOR difference in opinion here... If I were you Oldbutnew, I would listen carefully to what the folks above are saying.... I cant believe they did that :no-no-no::no-no-no:

I had to rotate my tire (DOT) 180 from the stem and it balanced out with less than a half an ounce. I mount and balance all my bike tires myself. Take that dot with a grain of salt. Just because you took it to a shop does not mean the monkey turning the wrench knew what he was doing.