IGNORED

Nolan N103 vs N104 thoughts

Phoneman1981

My Nolan Modular N103 helmet is now 3 years old. I really like the helmet. I had a chance to see the newer model N104 model yesterday. I liked the dual hinge and lower profile of the 104 but was not impressed with the redesigned smaller ratchet on the N104. Much smaller than the ratchet on the N103. Sharp edges on the release lever.

Does anyone else have experience with these two helmets?

Because I like the ratchet type connection I also looked at Schuberth modular helmets. But they are quite a it more expensive. Somewhat lighter and supposed to be quieter.

Mark,

I looked hard at the N104 for me and my wife 6 months ago when I bought us new helmets. It's a very impressive helmet. I also looked at the Shuberth. It is supposed to be a better helmet than the Nolan, but like you said, it is quite a bit more money. So, what did I buy? For some crazy reason I bought us Nolan N43 Trilogy's. They are the goofiest looking helmets you'll ever see, but the reasoning was that we had been used to wearing 3/4 helmets with face shields and my wife was totally bucking the idea of the narrowed vision of the N104 and other full face helmets. The Trilogy has a detachable chin guard and even with the chin bar installed it has a massive field of vision from top to bottom and left to right. She gets a clostrophobic feeling with a full face on, but the Trilogy chin bar she can live with because it is lower than the normal full face.

Sorry I didn't give you a true report on the differences between the 103 and 104. I guess I was just wanting to blab about the Trilogy's I bought. LOL.