IGNORED

WinXP keyboard shortcuts.

I'm from the old world of "DOS" and in those days, we had to know a lot of shortcut keys... each program was different. WordPerfect (if I remember correctly) had 44 of them. In today's world of the mouse, folks don't generally know better...they've become so dependant on that mouse that they don't even realize how unproductive it can cause a person to be. Not so important for the casual or home computer user but productivity in business is a big thing. Many computer users are self-taught and aren't even aware of numerous keyboard methods to do things. Take away the mouse and many folks could not even function when in fact, almost everything (probably 95% or more) can be done without the use of the mouse at all. The remaining 5% would be applicable to programs such as Photoshop or Paint.

Simple keyboarding such as using Tab or Shift+Tab to move around a form or pressing Enter to activate the OK button (instead of grabbing the mouse and clicking here or there) can increase one's productivity immensely.

I'm rambling... could go on an on about this but you're probably bored by now. Besides, it's late and I'm tired so gonna go snuggle up to my pillow... now, how do I keystroke outta here and press the "Submit" button? .....

Geeze the page didn't even mention F11. What's with that....????

Ha!.. the page doesn't mention a lot of keyboard shortcuts... guess they figgured they shouldn't OVERLOAD a person....

:scratchchin:

Another keyboard shortcut many are not aware of... whenever you see a button or a menu item that has one letter of it's word underlined, you can (or should be able to) press Alt + that underlined letter to activate that object.

If it opens up a menu and the choices within the menu have underlined letters, just press that letter and it activates that menu item.