IGNORED

Electrical question

az1103

I want to install an LED light bar under the trunk. Probably either the Rivco or the Diamond-R. However I have a Priority-Plus unit installed now, it makes the turn signals act as position lights (on all the time except when turn signal activated) and blinks the brake lights several times when the brake is activated prior to full-steady. I was planning to connect the light bar in the usual way to the tail and brake light wiring - tapping in after the Priority plus connection.

Does any one know if this will work OK with a light bar or does the LED somehow react differently? I can't see why it wouldn't work but would appreciate comments from any of you who might be familiar with such set-ups.

Guest tx2sturgis
I want to install an LED light bar under the trunk. Probably either the Rivco or the Diamond-R. .......I was planning to connect the light bar in the usual way to the tail and brake light wiring - tapping in after the Priority plus connection.

It will work, but if you want the light bar to come on solid when braking, you need to tap in BEFORE the priority module.

If you want it to flash along with your other flashing brake lites, then wire it in after the priority module, in other words, just like any other add-on brake lite.

Chances are it will work OK. If it doesn't work then you will need a load equalizer. Try it first and see what happens. As far as the priority module goes you may get pulled over for it. I have a back off module on my ride along with a Tri Star XP which does what your priority module does to the rear signals. I have never been pulled over but depending on what state you ride in you may because it's illegal to have a flashing red light unless you are an ambulance or like (ie. NY is very bad). Most police officers I know also ride and would not pull you over because they know your just trying to make yourself more visible, but theirs always that one cop. I'm keeping mine on until I have a problem.