IGNORED

LeatherConnexion Mud Flaps

yuckly

I just ordered a set, now does anyone have a picture of how you mounted these??

still have to get into that. I am thinking of going right through the fender with something that will secure it but also be decorative on the outside??

There was also a post on here from another rider who had pics of them on the bike. I will find it...

• 2 weeks later...

got them mounted.

used a 10-24 hex head, washer and locking nut. drilled through the fender and mounted the flap. Covered with the fender tips.

worked well! i would have ground down the hex head a bit if i had a grinder handy... would have made a cleaner fit, but this worked.

Have been thinking about ordering these. But I have a trailer hitch mounted that I recently had to take off on put on again. Dang that was not an easy thing to do. Saving up the courage to order this mudflap and get this project in line.

Really nice product to say the least. Wondering if she offers colour combinations !

Edited by StarFan
Spelling errors

Have been thinking about ordering these. But I have a trailer hitch mounted that I recently had to take off on put on again. Dang that was not an easy thing to do. Saving up the courage to order this mudflap and get this project in line.

Really nice product to say the least. Wondering if she offers colour combinations !

yes she does. on the piping around the edge.

When I installed mine on the front I cleaned the back real well and got me a handfull of silicone and smeared it around the top edge and sealed it up so that any dirty water wouldn't hang up there or run down on the outside of the flap. Make Sense?

Keith

When I installed mine on the front I cleaned the back real well and got me a handfull of silicone and smeared it around the top edge and sealed it up so that any dirty water wouldn't hang up there or run down on the outside of the flap. Make Sense?

Keith

yeah, i was thinking about that after I was done. Water can definitely collect there and and the leather could stay moist for awhile.

I will have to address that issue...