IGNORED

just another big thumbs up for progressive springs

Guest Vermincelli

Guest Vermincelli

FInally got the big bumblebee running today which means I finally got to get out and test out the new progressive front fork springs I put in last month.

All I can say is WOW. The difference is like night and day. The bike handles better than ever. This was the best $50 I've spent on upgrades. Only downside is I now see I need to get a new set of tires soon and it looks like I should just order a case of footpegs and save the hassle.

Guest Vermincelli

That's the set I am leaning towards.

I have Elite2's on there now that have alot of mileage left but I am one of those who believes in preventative maintenance so it's between the Venoms or Elite3's.

Since I ride it more like a sport tourer though I'm thinking the Venoms are going to be a bit better for my style of riding.

That's the set I am leaning towards.

I have Elite2's on there now that have alot of mileage left but I am one of those who believes in preventative maintenance so it's between the Venoms or Elite3's.

Since I ride it more like a sport tourer though I'm thinking the Venoms are going to be a bit better for my style of riding.

At one time I had two '83VR's. One with Avons and progressives, and one without and EII's. Otherwise they were twins. The difference in handling was another story. The Avons felt light and nimble, and the EII's felt heavy. Kinda sluggish. I did make the change to Progressives before switching to Avon's and didn't that much of a change in handling. However fork compression was greatly reduced. The big change came with the Avon's. I wouldn't go any other way. My 2¢

Guest Bigin

Just finished a fairly major drivetrain, suspension, inspection and tire replacement while the weather was unrideable and installed the progressive springs, without the provided pvc washer, and Avon tires.

Bike just turned 40k

Very sweet ride now, and thought it was good before, despite front end being too soft. Much more stable even 2 up.

Bike doesnt have the tendency to fall into the turn unless under throttle so bad, but could be the new tires

Avon front tire is rubbing slightly on the front fender bolts where the chrome mud flap is but wont for long. The tire is slightly larger and a tight fit but I like the feel of it. It is the correct size for this bike.

Also pulled the pinion, replaced ujoint and oring, with the help of Rustyrecycledtoy, and generally inspected lubed everything but this thread is about fork springs.

While the calipers were off they froze up and dragged badly when reinstalled until took them back off and exercised them with brake cleaner and a large screwdriver. If could have anticipate this would have rebuilt them while waiting on parts but surprised me.

Anyway, yes the progressives are money well spent and not too stiff without the pvc spacer.