IGNORED

Vance & Hines Monster Ovals

If you only change the mufflers no carb adjustments are necessary. If you ALSO change the intake or head pipes then you would need to tune the carbs.

You didn't ask, so I'll assume you've found the mounting brackets and clamp information already. You will need to expand the muffler intake slightly to fit over the head pipes.

If you only change the mufflers no carb adjustments are necessary. If you ALSO change the intake or head pipes then you would need to tune the carbs.

You didn't ask, so I'll assume you've found the mounting brackets and clamp information already. You will need to expand the muffler intake slightly to fit over the head pipes.

Thanks...:thumbsup:..I think I can fabricate my own brackets but saw a link in one of the threads where they can be found. Also saw somewhere that the heat shield on the stock slip on can be reused to hide the connecting point by riveting it onto the new pipe, may do that if it works. Those V&H's are expensive though:mad:

:322:

A little bit of searching and you can find the diagrams for the adapter brackets. Bro-In-Law is a machinist so it took him 30 min at work to make some nice ones for me.

I used the chrome clamps over the mounting flange on mine because I didn't want to hack up my stock mufflers, it was worth the $30 in case I ever go back or decide to sell the stockers. In your case the stock chrome "bell" might not match the Monster Oval shape so take some measurements before you hack the stock one up.

I'll send you a PM with some more information....I just put a set of 105db HD Screaming Eagle Touring Pipes on mine about 2 months ago.

Bert

If you do put them on, let us know how they sound at highway speeds.

I've listened to You-tube videos and they sound like they have a nice rumble. But non of them are at Highway speeds. I cut the cone and moved the pipe over mod on my OEM mufflers. It's got a nice tone, but I'd like a deeper tone.

Buddy of mine has an '06 Screaming Eagle HD with a 103in and the same exact mufflers as mine. I have a nice burble at idle and up to 2,000 rpm then it tappers off, almost nothing at 65mph on the highway. His bike has a BIG bark and almost needing earplugs at 65mph.

Knowing some similar HDs with Monster Ovals and how they sound at speed I'm sure on our V-4 it would be a very similar experience of quieting down at speed.

I am installing a set of Monster Ovals on mine this winter as well.

Here is a set of used ones on ebay that aren't too expensive,,,yet,..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Vance-Hines-16755-Chrome-Monster-Ovals-for-1995-2014-Harley-Touring-NR-/151171036539?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23327ef57b&vxp=mtr

Link was not working so I tried to fix it. Still not working...sorry.

Edited by Freebird

I am installing a set of Monster Ovals on mine this winter as well.

Here is a set of used ones on ebay that aren't too expensive,,,yet,..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-Vance-Hines-16755-Chrome-Monster-Ovals-for-1995-2014-Harley-Touring-NR-/151171036539?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23327ef57b&vxp=mtr

Link was not working so I tried to fix it. Still not working...sorry.

Thanks for the link.. These are damaged like all of the others I am finding at a reasonable price. The good ones I found that are un-damaged go for around $550 to $750. Might as well buy new ones at that price. The search goes on...................:bang head:

:322:

• 1 month later...
I want to put monster ovals on my 06rsv and I understand about having to make a mounting bracket but what else is needed? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Pipes that fit any "modern" touring chassis harley.

2 mounting brackets, templates can be found in the tech forum.

Muffler clamps, preferably chrome to cover the up the ends of the pipes.

I want to put monster ovals on my 06rsv and I understand about having to make a mounting bracket but what else is needed? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the clamps that you need, Just used them mysef,..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Star-Tour-Deluxe-Harley-Dav-Muffler-VTwin-Clamps-/250731286326?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a60bfcf36&vxp=mtr

• 2 months later...