IGNORED

seat swap

Guest ds390ss

Guest ds390ss

Thank you very much for the replies guys!!!!!! if anyone eles has anything to add (pics or knowelge) it is very appreciated as i will soon undertake this mod. thanks again....Paul

i've got a venture road sofa on my 05 tour deluxe.need to make new front and rear mounting brackets.i can get the venture seat off in about 2 minutes with a 12 mm end wrench.fits perfectly.bill :)

Hey, Bill - do you have a Venture seat or the Saddleman Road Sofa (I think it's Saddleman) on your bike? Do you have a pic? Did you change out just the drivers seat or both seats???

I had always wanted to put the Venture style seat on the bike - seemed like it might sit lower and be more comfortable - but was always told that the frames were different so I couldn't. How did you attach yours - especially to get it on and off so fast? I can get mine off, but I can never get it back on without really fighting trying to get that front "tongue" in where it is supposed to go??:confused24::confused24::confused24:

Guest mlbaugh

Hey, could this be a possible solution for us that are short of stature? I think the TD is a bit lower than the Venture, and my wife could enjoy the comfort of the plush Venture seat. Is this possible?

Mark in Mississippi

Hey, Bill - do you have a Venture seat or the Saddleman Road Sofa (I think it's Saddleman) on your bike? Do you have a pic? Did you change out just the drivers seat or both seats???

I had always wanted to put the Venture style seat on the bike - seemed like it might sit lower and be more comfortable - but was always told that the frames were different so I couldn't. How did you attach yours - especially to get it on and off so fast? I can get mine off, but I can never get it back on without really fighting trying to get that front "tongue" in where it is supposed to go??:confused24::confused24::confused24:

i have a saddleman road sofa.the frames are the same. the only difference is the front mounting tabs and the rear mount.i made little brackets for the front and rear.my seat is one piece with a back rest.looks like it belongs there.it is not any lower than the original.i would say the one piece seat would be the easiest to mount.i think they use different mounts to deter people from using the venture seat.they would rather you trade bikes.i also have a venture trunk.it looks like a venture accept for the tank and windshield.:2133:

Hey, could this be a possible solution for us that are short of stature? I think the TD is a bit lower than the Venture, and my wife could enjoy the comfort of the plush Venture seat. Is this possible?

Mark in Mississippi

if the td is lower it is the seat.otherwise the frame and basic bike are basically the same.:)

Thank you very much for the replies guys!!!!!! if anyone eles has anything to add (pics or knowelge) it is very appreciated as i will soon undertake this mod. thanks again....Paul

You might try keeping the seat, Paul, and swapping the bike for a 1st Gen. :2cents: :whistling:

Nah, wait, sorry, bad advise........... no one would trade their 1st Gen! :dancefool: