IGNORED

Order early, Rare tire.

IronMike

I have run the Darkside on my Roadstar for 60K miles, On my third DS tire on that.

So I bought the Venture and seriously, This Metziler scares me especially when i hit gravel or Snakes in the road. Realizing all the stability the CT has given me riding the same roads.

So Inside of 2 months I have completely worn out the Metziler Marathon. Bye bye!

I had done some research and decided on the Nexen 165 80 15 Wal Mart and I thought oh Wal Mart thats a cash and carry thing. (All along)

This is where I get edjimacated.

I run into great season end weather, and I put in for a weeks vacation thinking I am going to slide by Wal Mart and pick up a tire and be on my way tonight. HUH!

No one has a tire of any the four I would consider within 2000 miles of me but Tire Rack and they won't let me go pick it up 3 hours away, they want to ship it only and me pay 28 bucks to ship it.

Ordered the BF Goodrich 155 80 15 from some place out in california, Online tire? 108 delivered. AFTER my vacation is over.

Kinda tics me off 6 are 130 miles away and I can't get em, And I live near Akron Ohio RUBBER CITY and no one has any of the four.

Spent all day and I mean ALL day calling around, Everyone asks what's it for? On my Roadstar I always said a Trailer. LOL But seems like with this size the answer is the front end of a Dragster. (And even Summit Automotive did not have any, said in Nevada, be here Nov 2nd) Pppffffffffffff!

So they quote me for two, and I say I need just one, I can't get both tires of my Dragster off the ground, just the one. So all I need is one. They are like HUH?

I have about maybe 1500 left pushing my Metz, not enough to go on the trip I wanted to the Ozarks. Kansas City and back and Branson, and Ozark Springs. AK

I'll have to do a trip closer to home don't know if I can stand it. I've put over 6K on it in a month and a half working 70 hours a week! Maybe do some MC camping. Oh the PAIN WILL ROBINSON!

Please send me klenex to wipe my tears.

Seriously, it wasn't PPP, more like opportunity knocked at the wrong time. Once you put in for vacation, you can't withdraw it.

So everyone learn your lesson from me. Have one sitting around near the last 25% ready to go. And I hear this size is very limited production. I just can't do another MC tire! Those things will kill you! I feel lucky to be alive running ONE out!

Edited by IronMike

I ran into an issue at Walmart a few years ago. Needed tires for my company car. Didn't want to spend a lot because it was almost time to turn it in for a new one. I went to Walmart and they had about 6 different tires on display so I picked one out and told the guy those were the ones I wanted. He told me that they only had one tire that would fit my Dodge Caravan and they were about double the price. So I asked why he had all the tires on display if he didn't stock them. He said it was just to show an overview of what they MAY have. I asked how long it would take to order the ones I need and he told me that they really didn't do that. If he ordered them, he would have to wait until he was ready to place a general order and it would probably be a couple of months.

Never tried to buy tires there again.

The size for the RSV is certainly not common and I think very few people have found them in stock at their local dealers. I seem to remember that the most popular one, I think it was the Nexus, had been discontinued or something and people were having a hard time finding it.

Glad I'm not a Darksider fan. :)

They SAID they could get the nexes tire by ordering it and it came up online for store pickup. But on my hours of searching I got from the people that 15 inch tires in general are becoming rare and that production is very spotty and limited. They kind of make a run, let stock dwindle down before making another run. Seems like it's a gigantically popular Front Dragster Tire. And seldom wore out.

In calling Wal Mart I was sent to the tire Dept 5 times, and hung up on. I had to go down there. Not sure about tires there either, and I have always bought mine at SAMS but the last batch seemed unfinished, lots of crap left over from the mold on the casing.

But GLAD I am going Darkside on this bike. Lets hope anyways. I'll know first 80 MPH turn.

Yea i went with the BF Goodrich because it is suppose to have better sidewalls and more Weight capacity. Although I would certainly done the Nexen if it was there. Just hate having to order tires over the net, you don't know the DOT number your going to get, how fresh the tire is and all that. But it looks like we are stuck with that. I live close to Summit Racing, and Akron Ohio, two places you would think this size tire would be plentiful. NOT!

But how do you like that tire? Whoooooooooooooooo!

I tried a Nexen on my Venture one time and the motorcycle shop doing the install blew the side wall out of it trying to get it to seat, man that was loud and then the discussion on who was going to pay for the tire got a little loud.

I think the one who bought the tire buys it again. Unless they went over a PSI you stated. Should be about 100 but they have seated as low as 45 from what I read. And that is why I choose the BFG It has better sidewalls. I polish my wheel rims before I start and use GOOP hand cleaner as a lube, plus leave the tire in the car in the sun for a while to get it good and flexible. I have only made my way through 3 tires on my own and one I mounted for a friend. all went on easy.

I'm not sure if three wheels count as Darkside, I kinda think not. But way back in the day, all Motorcycles had car like tires on them. It wasn't until MC racing got started with the round tires that people thought it would be cool to have tires like that, and then everyone did it and we have paid too much ever since.

Same as Cars and the spoiler thing, seen AJ Foyt had a spoiler next thing you know every car made has on on it. Adding $300 each to the price tag.

the tire shop mechanic stopped putting air in and said he was not putting more air in it. so we were talking about what to do such as more soap, clean rim, something like that and then the owner of the shop came over and said to let him try so the mechanic and I backed up and the shop owner blew the sidewall out. we did come to an agreement I paid him his cost for a M/C tire and was on my way. Never tried it again.