IGNORED

A new V-4

Wrongway

I'd love to hear one go by at WOT, but otherwise I'm perfectly happy with my 94hp V4 that will last a lot longer than the Aprilla. Bet my gas milage is a tad better too...... :)
Would like to do a quicky off the line just once to see what it feels like, probably scare the s*** out of me.:whistling:

Apparently Aprilia knows how to get some power from 1000ccs in a V-4.

http://motorcycledaily.com/22february08_aprilia_rsv4.htm

Is that what your going to bring to the next International Meet Al. :confused24:Wonder what would happen if we were to take our RSV's and put a nitrous oxide system on it. I know one thing, the rear tire would go from lasting 9,000 miles down to less than a thousand, lol.:whistling:

Is[/url] that what your going to bring to the next International Meet Al. :confused24:Wonder what would happen if we were to take our RSV's and put a nitrous oxide system on it. I know one thing, the rear tire would go from lasting 9,000 miles down to less than a thousand, lol.:whistling:

I think I'll stick with the RSV! If I need go fast I have the V Strom with the same HP as the RSV and about 400 lbs less weight. That sucker can move along just fine for me.

I think I'll stick with the RSV! If I need go fast I have the V Strom with the same HP as the RSV and about 400 lbs less weight. That sucker can move along just fine for me.

Hmm..I've ridden a V-Strom 1000. I would be really, REALLY surprised to find out the Strom is almost 100 horse. Maybe 60 or 70, but not 100.

Hmm..I've ridden a V-Strom 1000. I would be really, REALLY surprised to find out the Strom is almost 100 horse. Maybe 60 or 70, but not 100.

According to http://www.freeengineinfo.com/v-strom.htm "The DL1000 v-strom makes 98 hp@ 7600 RPM, 75 ft/lbs torque@ 6400 RPM and gets 47 MPG." Don't know if that's RW HP or flywheel, but still enough for me! Suzuki did take the engine from their sportbike, TL 1000 I believe.

hey allan, you ain't gonna settle for just 98 hp. i think we could coax another 25 hp. out of it with a little tweaking. you know how i like to tweak them motors. trouble is i would have to do more work on m kaw. to keep up with you. bill :)

Yeah another 25 HP, that's what I need! If you can still throw those old legs over that Kaw, we'll just have to run them and see:rotf:. Ok so maybe you have 60+ HP on me but it will still be fun :cool10:

Guest Torpedo
Oh no! The secret is out, first it was Ducati going to a V-4 and now Aprilia. They know a good thing when the see one. I would take either one on the Dragon at Deal's Gap then give it back to the owner and go home on my Venture. :)

Its not as new as you might think. All the Moto GP bikes are V4's if im not mistaken. Aprilia has been talking about the possibility of a V4 RSV for a while now. Im glad to see it finally coming to fruition. Ive owned 3 Ape's and theyve all been wonderful bikes. If this one is even close to affordable i might be owning my 4th :D