IGNORED

Saskatchewan to BC Vacation

friesman

I am on vacation in BC this year, finally got back to Nelson BC after a couple of unsuccessful attempts to get there with surprise health issues. I met up with a couple of VR riders so far and have enjoyed their company a lot. Last Sat I met up with Chris and Dianne (Panjundrum) at Creston BC , had luch and a great chat with them and then followed them into Kaslo BC, which is a very short ride into Nelson BC where I met up with Kevin Cowndon (kevin-vic-bc). Kevin and I spent a couple of nights in Nelson and spent a day enjoying the roads in the Nelson area and checking out the Ainsworth hot springs, (worth a stop to relax). It poured rain most of the loop around the Nelson area and we even got hailed on around the New Denver area. but all in all it was a great few days.

I am now in Kelowna BC and rode around the area yesterday with my cousin. We ended up in Peachland, Summerland, Oliver, and down as far as Qsoyoos probably passing by about 30-40 vineyards and wineries. There are some great wineries and next time I gotta come back with the car so I can taste a few samples.:)

My favourite part was in the morning just out of Penticton BC, we took a rosd that's little travelled that is just amazing called Green Mountain road, absolutely dreat scenery and it winds thru meadows and gets some altitude in places but all in all a nice relaxing ride.

So far so good, about 1200 miles on the RSV :), I thought I was having brake issues as it would shudder and grind at stops, so I thought the pads were worn down, I took it into Kelowna Yamaha and was very impressed with the attitudes of the staff and the whole operation. I thought I needed pads and the tech came out and said I didn't need them there was lots of wear left, they were just glazed over so he ended up doing something to de-glaze and only charged me a few bucks for the procedure. PLUS I fold a joe Rocket Leather jacket in there in my size marked down to 100 bucks from the 400 bucks sticker on it.

Brian

PS- thks Kevin for the tips on cornering the beast thru the blind corners it seems to helped a lot! I guess I had just to get the mental thing sorted out. (Ive been told that before, but never about biking....:) )

Edited by friesman

PS- thks Kevin for the tips on cornering the beast thru the blind corners it seems to helped a lot! I guess I had just to get the mental thing sorted out. (Ive been told that before, but never about biking....:) )

Too much flat land riding, is your problem Brian.... Need to practice your mountian riding more...

:stickpoke:

Too much flat land riding, is your problem Brian.... Need to practice your mountian riding more...

:stickpoke:

That's my problem too.

I curious, what tips are there for rounding a blind corner.

My rule of thumb is to not go faster then I can see ahead so I have time to break in case I run across an obstacle etc. in the road.

But then I'm a flatlander too...

Guest divey

Too bad you didn't shout out that you were coming this way Brian. I live 5 minutes south of Penticton and Green Mtn. road is in my back yard. In fact I was on it on Tuesday and yes, this is riding paradise. Glad you enjoyed what the South Okanagan has to offer. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Doug

Too bad you didn't shout out that you were coming this way Brian. I live 5 minutes south of Penticton and Green Mtn. road is in my back yard. In fact I was on it on Tuesday and yes, this is riding paradise. Glad you enjoyed what the South Okanagan has to offer. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Doug

I would have gotten in touch if had some advance notice that I was riding that day, but it was a spur if the moment thing when my cousin from Kelowna asked if I wanted a tour thru the area. I am headed to Kamloops tomorrow for a few days with my other brother and his wife.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Here was my entire route, it ended up being a bit different than I had planned, and it was just under 3827kms or 2400 miles . My time ran a bit short and I had to take highway 5 to the Edmonton arean instead of coming up the Banff and jasper. It was a great road with lots of scenery and it takes you past a great photo spot past Mount Robson, the highest peak in Canada. I messed up my cam going thru the Jasper Natl Park area so I don't have any pics of what is probably the most scenic area I visited. I also didn't get shots of the Mountain Goats or Elk grazing right along the roadbed. Ill try and post pics soon.

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.com/rideplanner/ridePlanner.jsp?roadId=567974&locale=en_US

Good to see you're home safe and that you had a great trip. Sorry we missed each other in Kamloops.

I a sorry that I missed you guys, I was looking forward to seeing you and Nina, but I found out that I had to be in Edmonton early.

I hope you guys had a great vacation and didn't get too wet or windblown along the way.

Brian

I a sorry that I missed you guys, I was looking forward to seeing you and Nina, but I found out that I had to be in Edmonton early.

I hope you guys had a great vacation and didn't get too wet or windblown along the way.

Brian

heh ... we had "our share" of crappy weather at various times over our 2 weeks, including that wind storm that nearly blew us into the next camping spot LOL.

Got home and barely in the door and down came the rain for the balance of the evening.

Stopped raining about mid-morning the following day so I took a ride out to the Vic dealer in Langley and hit heavy rain en-route .... funny thing is, I've gotten so used to it I just laffed it off and cranked the throttle! :rotf: