IGNORED

Flashing brake lights

I have a 2007 RSV that I bought used several years ago. It has the trunk mounted brake bar and a brake bar on the bottom of the trunk. Until recently they would flash when the brake was applied. Now they just go to solid red. My guess is a fuse but since I did not install whatever controls the flash I'm not sure where to find the fuse. Thanks

Chances are the modulator that causes the flashing pattern has gone bad. It is probably located either under your seat or in the tail light assembly. It is likely to look something like this https://signaldynamics.com/index.php/products/brake-light-modules. Many , like the one I use have dip switches that allow you to set different patterns, maybe as simple as the circuit that controls that pattern has burned out and if you select a new pattern by changing the position of one or more dip switches you will again have flashing lights.

Many of these types of modulators will not work with regular incandescent bulbs, they only work with LEDs, if by chance you added new lighting to the bike that could have caused the demise of your modulator.

If you didn't do the install you might look into the work that was done and the quality (or lack there of) of the connections/connectors used. If they used scotch locks, might be starting to get some high resistance at connections affecting the modulator, particularly if it happens to you again.