IGNORED

New 2nd gen front coil may be for sale

1BigDog

It turns out that by accident I ordered the front coil from Parts Shark rather then the rear one. It was one line apart on the fisch order form and while I dont think I did it PS insists thats what I did. They sent me a return # but also wants a 30% restocking fee. That works out to almost 20 bucks. Most places that I have dealt with have had maybe a 10% charge. I sent them an email protesting the 30% charge so ill see what they say. I have been buying from them for many years so ill see how they handle this one.

That being said, if anyone here needs a new front coil for their 2nd gen i'd rather sell it to you then return it to PS. I paid 59 plus shipping. Ill let it go for 50, shipped in the US.

Dont see anything indicating partzilla affiliation. But after dealing with them for many years I think its time to move on if they dont adjust the restocking fee for a long term customer. I ended up ordering the correct coil from Boats.net and their price was about 7 bucks cheaper and shipping via Priority mail was only 6.95 vs parts sharks price of 12.95. I dont mind paying for what may have been my mistake but I dont appreciate getting boned in the process.

I'm sure Boats.net will work fine for you. Been using them for years and never had a problem of any kind. Always got the right part and their pricing was always fair.

I've had some spitting matches with one of the local stealerships when I first got my '84. I had the parts number, even take the old part to the counter and point out the parts in their information and had to pay upfront to order it. Some times even have to argue on why I needed the part.

Still get the wrong one and then they would want to charge the restocking fee.

Some people are just difficult to deal with. :rotf:

You learn quick enough on who not to deal with and sometimes that education ain't cheap.