IGNORED

Back in a Yamaha anyway!

Godlover

If you've been around the forum you know I kinda like dealing on cycles. So far this year I have had a 96 Royal Star with bad engine, traded for a Goldwing and moped even up, sold both and made a good sized payment on a 2010 Voyager, took a 99 Road Star with Smitty Eagle Trailer as partial trade on the Voyager, had the Road Star and trailer 4 days and traded up to an 08 Roadstar. The Road Star is still a big bike but easier for me to handle with the kind of riding I do. I was hoping to move into a Tour Deluxe but the Road Star deal was too good to pass up and seems to meet my needs. For how long......who knows? :big-grin-emoticon:

I really love the Blue!!:thumbsup2: My brother has a Road Star and I got to ride it about 100 miles last Sunday and he rode my RSV. I love the torque of the 1700 twin and the rumble. Comfort was good (Mustang seat, Barons spring) a little vibration but less than I expected. I don't think I would trade but if I always rode solo, maybe. As for his impressions of the RSV... He will be looking for a touring bike in the next couple years. Cruise, radio, seat, fairing, and passenger comfort just sells itself.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/75407849.jpg

This is my RoadStar Midnight Silverado, AKA UltraStar, StarGlide, Starley, Etc. LOL 07 Lots of MODs, LED Lights all over, Hardley tour pack Custom Sound system 6.5 in the rear 6x9s in Reckless fairing, JVC head unit, Progressive adjustable Rear, And up front. Total lock up clutch, Darkside Austone Taxi Tire, Metz Rear on front. Ultimate seats, The list of parts and Labor so long I am going to have to put it back to stock to sell it and part out the rest, shame. But the 08 RSV seems to be a more nimble touring bike, but this Roadstar handles like a dream. If I can't sell it for what I want, its going to be easy to keep it. It is more a one up bike. No matter how much you put into the suspension. You'll ;ove the Roadstar and The Roadstar Clinic.com is to Roadstars what the Venture Rider is to Ventures. Go get em!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/75407849.jpg

This is my RoadStar Midnight Silverado, AKA UltraStar, StarGlide, Starley, Etc. LOL 07 Lots of MODs, LED Lights all over, Hardley tour pack Custom Sound system 6.5 in the rear 6x9s in Reckless fairing, JVC head unit, Progressive adjustable Rear, And up front. Total lock up clutch, Darkside Austone Taxi Tire, Metz Rear on front. Ultimate seats, The list of parts and Labor so long I am going to have to put it back to stock to sell it and part out the rest, shame. But the 08 RSV seems to be a more nimble touring bike, but this Roadstar handles like a dream. If I can't sell it for what I want, its going to be easy to keep it. It is more a one up bike. No matter how much you put into the suspension. You'll ;ove the Roadstar and The Roadstar Clinic.com is to Roadstars what the Venture Rider is to Ventures. Go get em!

I like what you have done to your bike. Mine is basically stock so I have been looking at what changes I can make. It has a cheap speaker system that might have to go. Looking at changing out the seat and getting a back rest. I did order the hard bags to replace the leather. Iron Horse had the cobalt blue on clearance for $600. I should be able to get a few bucks out of my leather bags to offset.